Learn the Basics of Strategic Planning
What you'll learn
- Use The Right Information To Create A Plan
- How to Write A Focused and Dynamic Strategic Plan That Grows Your Business
- Ensure Your Business' Viability By Building On Your Strengths
- How To Create and Execute the Plan
- Basic exposure to business
- Pen and paper to take notes
- A positive 'can do' attitude towards learning and applying lessons
Welcome to this online learning course on Strategic Planning Basics.
The Essential Method of Developing a Strategic Plan for the Busy Businessperson.
In 90 minutes you'll learn how to write a comprehensive Strategic Plan. Ideal for people who want to start QUICKLY.
This Course is designed for business professionals seeking practical advice on how to design and create a strategic plan that can be implemented effectively. By the end of the Course, you will understand the strategic planning method, you will know how to create a strategic plan that suits your organization's capabilities, and you will be able to define the initiatives which will be the best way of implementing strategy.
The Course starts by looking at what you need to consider to set a direction, analyze your industry, evaluate opportunities and assess strategies. You will also understand how to define and prioritize the initiatives that are the elements needed for successful implementation of the plan. We will also outline the key things to do, and pitfalls to avoid, when you start implementing.
1 hour 32 minutes of video instruction
Key concepts covered
What Is A Strategic Plan and Why It Is Important
Setting A Strategic Direction via the Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles
Defining the Strategic Environment - External Analysis, Internal Analysis and Bringing Both Together via a SWOT Analysis
Choosing Opportunities By Understanding Your Key Competencies
Evaluating Opportunities Using Strategic Criteria
Comparing and Prioritizing Initiatives Using Strategic Grids
Organizing For Success
Who this course is for:
- Startups and entrepreneurs
- Anyone interested in launching a new project or business
- Planning professionals or those in planning functions/roles
- An existing company who wants to develop a new direction
- Management students
I have 20+ years of experience in international strategic consulting with global firms such as PwC, KPMG and Accenture, as well as in corporate leadership. This has given me a deep understanding of the tools and techniques that are used to grow and add value to organizations, and to personal careers.