Learn the Basics of Lighting for Film &TV
What you'll learn
- A working knowledge of lighting in a variety of locations.
- An insight into an incredibly competitive industry.
- All the basic knowledge to succeed.
- Tips and tricks from an award winning tutor.
- A reference guide you can always come back to.
- No prior knowledge of TV or Film lighting is needed.
Join Dave Miller, a veteran of TV and Film lighting and cinematography in this 15 lesson masterclass on the basics of lighting film and TV. Dave will walk you through all of the basics of lighting everything from low budget shorts to lighting your next cinematic masterpiece…and everything in between.
We will go through everything from basic 3-point lighting to more advanced techniques that are used in a variety of situations, including static interviews and feature film lighting.
Dave is an award winning cinematographer and lighting expert with credits to his name including the X-Factor, Time Team, Film Four, Macbeth, The Wicker Tree, Newsnight, Film 2010, Watchdog, Secret Millionaire, The Apprentice and Scrapheap Challenge…to name a few.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to learn about TV and Film lighting.
- Professionals already working in the industry, wanting to gain more knowledge.
- Anyone starting out in lighting or cinematography.
GetFilming is an online film school and community, we bring together the very best experts currently working in the film, TV and online video industries with our community of aspiring filmmakers.
We work with professionals such as Adrian Mead, Rob Bessette, Evan Abrams and Dave Miller. Our tutors have worked with everyone from Sky, BBC, HBO, AMC, ITV to clients ranging from Subway and Adidas to Gibson and everything in between.