Testing Framework TestNG from Scratch with Java
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will give have great understanding on TestNG framework.Advantages of TestNG over Junit.
- Detailed knowledge about TestNG framework. Different type of annotation provided by TestNg
- How to use TestNG framework to run test-cases parallel or in multithreaded environment
- This tutorial will give you great understanding on TestNG Framework concepts, and after completing this tutorial, you will be at intermediate level of expertise from where you can take yourself to higher level of expertise.
- Before proceeding with this tutorial, you should have a basic understanding of Java programming language, text editor and execution of programs, etc.
- You are going to use TestNG to handle all levels of Java project testing (Unit, functional, end-to-end, integration, etc.,), so it will be a added skill if you have knowledge of software development and software testing processes.
TestNG is a testing framework inspired from JUnit and NUnit but introducing some new functionality that make it more powerful and easier to use.
TestNG is designed to cover all categories of tests: Unit, functional, end-to-end, integration, etc.,
The Video includes from setting up the environment till integration with CI tools
In this training course, attendees will learn the following
1. Working with TestNG Framework.
2. How to use Assertion.
3. How to do batch execution of testcases.
4. TestNG execution Report generation.
Reading the Data from CSV file
1.Reading the Data from Comma separated files.
3.Skipping new lines.
Basic of Ant build Tool
1. What is build.xml.
2. What is a target, TestNG target present in Ant.
4. Integration of TestNG with Ant tool.
Subversion – SVN
1.Installing Visual SVN and Tortoise SVN Client
3.Importing the Project.
4.Taking Check in and Check out
5. SVN Plugin for Eclipse
Continuous Integration Tool Hudson
1. Configuring the Hudson.
2. Execution of TestNG from Hudson.
3. Generating TestNG Report from Hudson.
4. Integration of Ant with Hudson.
And source code shown as part of video lecture will be provided for download
Who this course is for:
- This tutorial is designed for Software Professionals, who are willing to learn TestNG Framework in simple and easy steps
- All the manual tester who are looking for the automation knowledge
- Developer/Automation Testers who are developing the automation framework for the specific product or client
I am an IT professional with 8 yrs of automation and testing experience. My core area of work is Integration, Functional & Regression testing. When it comes to automation, I have experience with tools such as Junit, TestNG, Selenium RC, Web driver & Katalon Studio.
I have contributed to the development of an automation framework for web-based products using Selenium RC & its migration to Web driver.
I have also worked on the testing of Restful web services. I have exposure to the Apache HttpClient library as well as to RestSharp & RestAssured.
For the past 2 years, I am working as a white box tester (SDET) in a US-based MNC.
I usually take on testing the API written in Java, Junit framework for doing the unit testing and also automating the unit test cases