Learn Terraform on Microsoft Azure - platform engineering
What you'll learn
- You will be able to write Terraform code and build infrastructure as code using Azure.
- You will understand key Terraform concepts and how to use these.
- You will understand some of the techniques we can use to optimise terraform code.
- You will understand how to structure of Terraform code for reliable deployments.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Azure and scripting.
- A desktop or laptop with internet connectivity. This course has been produced on MacOS so if you’re using another platform there will be some subtle differences.
- An Azure subscription, this course will work on a free trial subscription. Due to the nature of this course a non-production subscription is highly recommended.
This course takes you through all aspects of Terraform from initial setup and the basics, though to how structure the code for reliable, constant deployments to multiple environments or locations
This course has been developed to take you from the basics of using terraform, though to building a functional web application using Azure platform as a service resources. The primary focus of the course is terraform and I will teach and give you real world examples of how to use this, from an initial monolithic deployment to a well-structured and modularised deployment. The course covers all the essential terraform topics and as it progresses builds until we’ve a working deployment that you’d find in a production environment.
From an Azure perspective, we will be working with several PaaS resources like web app, key vault, DNS and private link. Just to set expectations this isn’t an Azure course, but I do cover some basics and provide background information. All the resources will be deployed following current best practice and secured, so you’ll have an excellent frame of reference for your future deployments.
This course has been developed to be as practical as possible, most of the lessons are follow along in nature.
Who this course is for:
- IT professionals who want to learn about infrastructure as code
I’ve always had a passion for scripting and automation. Educated as software engineer over 20 years ago, I’ve worked in IT infrastructure, Design and Automation since. During this period I have been trained in a lot of technology, from Operating Systems, Programming though to Network Infrastructure.