Learn Tableau Desktop 2019 from Scratch - Beginners Bootcamp
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- 1 Practice Test
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Quizzes after complete of every section to enhance knowledge
- Comprehensive Exam that covers entire course at the end of course
- Learn how to connect to data, create visualizations
- The knowledge from the course will also improve the student’s ability to generate insights and understanding of different data.
- As an added bonus, the course will also give students tips, tricks, and advice on how to improve and grow their analytics career and tips to create great visualizations on our website
- Learn the different types of joins
- Learn how to connect to data
- Learn how to create hierarchies and group data
- Learn about the marks
- Learn about Pages
- Learn how to format your dashboard and worksheets
- Learn how to create basic calculations in tableau
- Learn how to use the navigation toolbar
- Learn about the commonly used terms in tableau
- The course will also teach advanced knowledge on ways to use the various filters and understand parameters and different types of calculations
- PC with Windows/Mac
- Tableau Public (free) or Tableau Desktop (14 day trial)
- Basic Knowledge or understanding of Data Visualization is useful in understanding concepts
- Willingness to learn & time to invest in actively learning
- The course is geared towards freshers
Update: 9/30/2019 - Added Videos on Table Calculations, Sets, Context Filters, Level of Detail Calculations in Tableau
Update: 8/19/2019 - 10 Quizzes (one after every section) & Practice Knowledge Based Exam (50 Questioned) to enhance students knowledge
Update: 8/10/2019 - Lecture Audio Quality has been improved
Update: 8/14/2019 - Longer Quizzes added to PassingBI website, new articles added
Being a industry leader in reporting analytics, Tableau is quickly taking over the market and replacing other big tools. Companies are switching over to this due to ease of use and its ability to create stunning graphs.
Having worked as Tableau Consultant for the past six years, I have had a chance to work with very big names in the industry. I have noticed first hand and been involved in conversion process of dashboards that were made in Qlikview, PowerBI, Business Objects due to various reasons. Cost, Ease of Use being the big ones.
An average Tableau Developer makes about 78000 in Texas and up to 110,000 if you are working in New York.
Learn the basic and advance knowledge related to Data Science and Visualization using Tableau , one of the leading data visualizations software in the market today.
The knowledge that the students will get from the course will enable them to create unlimited opportunities in discovering and analyzing different data patterns such as the latest sales trends, customer purchase behavior, and even process bottlenecks.
The students will get lessons on how to visualize and analyze data using Tableau by:
· Understanding the fundamental concepts
· Learn how to create charts in Tableau
· Learn hierarchies/grouping/ write calculations
· Learn dimensions and measures
· Learn the different type of joins
· Creating aliases working with the data source
· Learn about the different filters
Ultimately, The course will provide Tableau Training, the students will learn how to use the Tableau software and help them prepare, fix, and present the data quickly and easily for personal or work setting
- Beginner Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Analytics Students, College Students
- The course is designed for new data analytics students who want to jumpstart their analytics career.
- This course is also intended for basic and intermediate Tableau users who want to improve or enhance their Tableau skills and knowledge.
- The course is for students who want to learn the proper techniques in fully utilizing the potential of Tableau.
- The course is also designed for students who are planning and want to pass the Desktop Specialists Certification Exam.
- The course is also good for people who are looking to add knowledge and maximize new opportunities for data-driven and analytics career.
Other file formats in tableau
Workbooks (.twb) – Tableau workbook files have the .twb file extension. Workbooks
hold one or more worksheets, plus zero or more dashboards and stories.
Bookmarks (.tbm) – Tableau bookmark files have the .tbm file extension. Bookmarks
contain a single worksheet and are an easy way to quickly share your work.
Packaged Workbooks (.twbx) – Tableau packaged workbooks have the .twbx file
extension. A packaged workbook is a single zip file that contains a workbook along with
any supporting local file data and background images. This format is the best way to
package your work for sharing with others who don’t have access to the original data.
Data Extract (.tde) – Tableau data extract files have the .tde file extension. Extract files
are a local copy of a subset or entire data that you can use to share data, work offline,
and improve database performance.