Learn Symfony 3 framework by practical examples
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Use the framework main features in your daily work
- Build solid and testable web applications
- Don't invent a wheel again, just use amazing bundles that will make your life easier!
I will explain all the prerequisites and tell you how to prepare your local environment to be able to follow the lectures and try examples and exercises.
- You will get to know how to install the Symfony framework on your local environment.
- I will show where you can find framework documentation
I'll show how to create and connect your custom bundle.
You will learn how to:
- Generate an Entity
- Use annotation to configure your entities
- Update database schema using Symfony console
You will learn:
- How to create console command using Symfony console
- How to find generated file in your bundle
- What is the basic command structure
- You should already be familiar with PHP development
- You need to have environmnent ready to use, which includes mySql database, PHP >= 5.5, Apache web server
- You need to prepare your favorite editor, I am using phpStorm
What is this course about:
This course is designed for PHP developers that want to expand their knowledge by learning one of the leading PHP frameworks. Symfony is the most advanced and powerful PHP framework available on the market. By using it you can dramatically improve your coding efficiency and code quality.
Course will teach you how to build web applications using Symfony framework. I will try to limit theory as much as it's possible in favour of practical examples that you can use in day to day development.
- Course consists of videos, presentations, and real life examples that you can use later in your work.
- By the end of the course you’ll be able to install, configure and use most of the Symfony framework features.
- I’ll be teaching most of the components of the framework by practical examples that you can use in real life.
- You can find step by step tutorials how to use Dependency Injection, Console commands, Doctrine entities, Controllers and many more.
- You will learn how to test your code (unit and functional).
The ideal student for this course is an existing PHP developer that wants to improve his skills by learning how to use Symfony framework.
- This course is meant for PHP developers who are willing to learn how to leverage Symfony framework features in web applications. This course is probably not for people that just started with PHP development.
- If you are experienced web developer but just don't know Symfony yet, this course is for you!
- You should rather not take this course if you're looking for theory, I am more focused on practical examples you can use in real life.