Create your own Mini Web Server in F#
What you'll learn
- Functional-First Programming with F#
- Internals of the Suave, a popular web library in F#
- Application of Combinator Pattern
- Three Step Approach - An effective technique to develop applications using Functional Programming
- This course aimed at students with beginner to intermediate skill in F#, basic understanding of the F# syntax and a light functional understanding would be beneficial.
In this latest course from FSharp.TV, we are going to learn Functional-First Programming with F# and explore what it takes to build a web server library in F#.
How has the course been structured?
We all know reading the source code of a widely used library/project will help us to learn a programming language better. But how about learning a language by (re)building the project itself from the ground up? Sounds interesting, isn't it?
In this course, we are going to build a minimal version of the Suave library, a popular web development library in F#.
We will be creating the library by focusing on one requirement at a time, and evolve it incrementally.
Note: To get most out of this course, code side by side with the videos and experience the essence of functional programming.
What is Suave?
Suave, a simple web development library in F#. It provides a lightweight, non-blocking web server and a set of combinators to manipulate route flow and task composition. The non-blocking I/O model is efficient and suitable for building fast, scalable network applications.
By Completing this course, You will learn
- Three-Step Approach - A useful technique to develop applications using Functional Programming
- A real world application of Combinator Pattern
- Internals of the Suave library
- Last but not the least, you are going to experience how to put the pieces together and build a complete project using functional programming principles and techniques.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to wants to apply functional programming in real world
- Anyone that wants to learn the internals of serving data over HTTP
Tamizh is a Pragmatic, Passionate and Polyglot Programmer. He started his programming journey at the age of 12, and the passion has not left him since then.
He is a Full-Stack solution provider and has a wealth of experience in solving complex problems using different programming languages and technologies. F#, Node.js, Golang, Haskell are some of his favorites.
Tamizh is also a functional programming evangelist and authored a book "F# Applied", a practical guide for web development in F# using Suave.