Create your own Mini Web Server in F#
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Functional-First Programming with F#
- Internals of the Suave, a popular web library in F#
- Application of Combinator Pattern
- Three Step Approach - An effective technique to develop applications using Functional Programming
- This course aimed at students with beginner to intermediate skill in F#, basic understanding of the F# syntax and a light functional understanding would be beneficial.
In this latest course from FSharp.TV, we are going to learn Functional-First Programming with F# and explore what it takes to build a web server library in F#.
How has the course been structured?
We all know reading the source code of a widely used library/project will help us to learn a programming language better. But how about learning a language by (re)building the project itself from the ground up? Sounds interesting, isn't it?
In this course, we are going to build a minimal version of the Suave library, a popular web development library in F#.
We will be creating the library by focusing on one requirement at a time, and evolve it incrementally.
Note: To get most out of this course, code side by side with the videos and experience the essence of functional programming.
What is Suave?
Suave, a simple web development library in F#. It provides a lightweight, non-blocking web server and a set of combinators to manipulate route flow and task composition. The non-blocking I/O model is efficient and suitable for building fast, scalable network applications.
By Completing this course, You will learn
- Three-Step Approach - A useful technique to develop applications using Functional Programming
- A real world application of Combinator Pattern
- Internals of the Suave library
- Last but not the least, you are going to experience how to put the pieces together and build a complete project using functional programming principles and techniques.
- Anyone who wants to wants to apply functional programming in real world
- Anyone that wants to learn the internals of serving data over HTTP
This video introduces the Author and his experiences in using F# in production. He also explains how why he has created this course and how you can approach this video tutorial to get the most out of it.
This video will provide an overview of what to expect from the course, what you will be creating and prerequisites.
This video presents three characters roleplaying in the development of MiniSuave
This video adds two more functions to send Internal Error and Not Found responses. It also teaches how to remove duplicate code using partial application.
Function Composition is an integral part of functional programming. This video will help us to understand what we need to change in MiniSuave to enable Function Composition