Learn SQL Skills Using PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server
- 12 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Install PostgreSQL
- Install SQL Server
- Create a database
- Create a table
- Create a view
- Write a subquery
- Perform basic CRUD operations
- Create a stored procedure
- Create a trigger
- Use operators
- Use aggregate functions
- Use analytic functions
- Implement table joins
- You should be comfortable using a computer
- You should be able to navigate the internet
SQL stands for structural query language. It is the language used to communicate and interrogate databases.
In this course we will be using SQL on PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system. (RDBMS)
supports a wide variety of transaction processing.
Supports business intelligence.
Supports analytics applications in corporate IT environments.
It's one of the three market-leading database technologies.
SQL server is used in a lot of countries and companies.
PostgreSQL is commonly known as Postgres and it is also open source database.
There is an increasing need for data scientists and analysts to understand relational data stores. Organizations have long used SQL databases to store transactional data as well as business intelligence related data. If you need to work with SQL databases, this course is designed to help you learn how to perform common relational database and data science tasks, including writing advanced queries,data analysis , finding, exploration, and extraction within relational databases.
What you will learn includes:
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Installing SQL Server
- Database Concepts
- Introduction to Updatable Views
- Creating Updatable Views
- Introduction to Materialized Views
- Creating Materialized Views
- Introduction to Stored Procedures
- Row Number Functions
- Using various types of Operators
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Postgresql INNER JOIN
- Postgres LIKE Operator
- Postgresql OR Operator
- Retrieving all Data from Table
- Loading sample database
- SQL Server Rank functions
- PostgreSQL FULL OUTER JOIN
- PostgreSQL CROSS JOIN
- PostgreSQL combining AND | OR Operator
- PostgreSQL AND Operator
- PostgreSQL NATURAL JOIN Operator
- PostgreSQL Left Join
- PostgreSQL IN Operator
- How to create database
- How to create a table
- How to create a view
- Table joins
- Aggregate functions
- Analytic functions
- Stored procedures
- Beginners to SQL
- Beginners to PostgreSQL and SQL Server