Learn Spanish from scratch!
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- 1 Practice Test
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Communicate properly in Spanish using words and sentences commonly used by native speakers in any daily conversations.
- Make correct sentences in Spanish and start expressing yourself in Spanish, and understand better when people speak Spanish.
- Distinguish between Spanish from Spain and American Spanish in general, and learn about their similarities and differences.
- Please be ready to write down new words in a notebook.
- Be sure you have good headphones and check that you can hear well.
This course is about the Spanish language and the culture of the Spanish-speaking regions. You may be looking for a course that allows you to communicate with others in Spanish, at least at a conversational level, while travelling to some Spanish-speaking region, whether in the American continent or in Spain. Or you may want to know more about their most widely well-known traditions, cultures and typical dishes. If so, this course is suitable for you!
Please note that this course teaches mainly Spanish from Spain, and therefore this is the dialect that will mainly be exposed. However, we will still check together differences in vocabulary between this dialect and American Spanish dialects, so that you can grasp the content of conversation from a wide variety of regional Spanish dialects, all around the world.
In this course you will find a short video lesson for each must-know verb tense with useful sentences, plus a quiz and additional material. We also have the Q&A section of the course so that you can share and learn with the other classmates. This introduction course is taught in English so that you can understand and learn the tenses easily, and start using the new sentences in Spanish right away.
The lenght of the course is not fixed, it mainly depends on your eagerness to go through all the materials. However, we would say that you could finish the course in 1 month. And then you may also keep practising with your classmates in the forum.
The course goes over the main verb tenses, sentence structures and vocabulary that you will need in a daily basis to hold conversations with native speakers. And there are two special lesson on culture, language and traditions, so that you get a wider knowledge of the Spanish-speaking people.
You should take this course if you want to go over the most important grammar while learning typical phrases and useful vocabulary, and at the same time get a deeper knowledge on cultural facts. If you visit a Spanish-speaking region after having done this course, you will know the most well-known typical food and celebrations, the most important differences between the dialects (so that you can understand everything easier) and how to talk in Spanish properly.
- This Spanish language course is for complete beginners who can understand English and who are willing to learn how to speak Spanish well.
- The student is asked to keep track of the course since the beginning and complete the assignments for their best progression.
- The student needs to stay curious and to use all available resources to get the best out of the course.
First of all, we will look at the main characteristics of the Spanish language. And after that, we will talk about the relevance of the Spanish-speaking countries all around the world.
Finally, we will check the fundamentals: greetings and saying bye, and asking basic questions.
Forum of "Learning Spanish from Scratch!" in Q&A section of Udemy.
In this special lesson, we will learn how the pronouns are used in different Spanish-speaking regions, and how to address people correctly in any of them. Besides that, we will learn useful vocabulary for both American Spanish and Spanish from Spain.