Learn SketchUp Pro the Right Way!
What you'll learn
- Learn how to create and develop a 3D model of an interior space in SketchUp.
- Learn how to adjust and add furniture, materials and textures to a model in SketchUp
- Learn how to create a rendering and animation in SketchUp
- Learn how to export to LayOut to create a presentation document with dimensions and notes.
- PC or Mac (both are shown throughout the videos)
- 3-button Scroll Wheel Mouse is preferred over a trackpad.
This beginner SketchUp Pro course is created to have you learning proper techniques from the get-go! Start with good habits and begin learning SketchUp the right way.
Both PC and Mac versions of SketchUp Pro are shown throughout the course so that users get to see the UI correctly!
The course starts by going over the fundamental tools as well as setup of the template and toolbars. Next, you will build a simple interior living room space and develop the model into a document. Learn how to start from scratch, create a living room space and bringing up walls and push out door and window openings. Learn how to create groups and components as well as place furniture within the model. You will then add textures and materials to the model, learn how to import images and colors, and even artwork. You will also add details like trim and baseboards. You will also learn how to organize with SketchUp. Learn how to use tags to adjust the visibility of objects and create scenes to save camera positions for renderings or plans and elevations.
Lastly, we send the file to LayOut, SketchUp's paper space tool, where we will add pages, add a title block, labels, and dimensions to our design intent document.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner getting started in SketchUp.
- Current SketchUp user looking to master better habits.
- Interior designers or Architectural background looking to design in SketchUp.
Daniel Brown is the owner of SketchUpTrainer. He has been a designer, 3D modeling specialist, and SketchUp trainer since receiving his Architecture degree in 2007. He is recognized as one of the leading experts and trainers worldwide in SketchUp.
Dan served as a SketchUp trainer at Google prior to starting SketchUpTrainer. He has taught thousands of design professionals around the world and has presented throughout the dozens of conferences like AIA Convention and SketchUp's 3D Basecamp. He's consulted and worked with various fortune 500 companies like Starbucks and Target and offers his expertise in how SketchUp can be used in various types of design industries.
Based in Philadelphia, PA he also teaches an interior design course at Harcum College, otherwise, you'll find him teaching 2-day workshops throughout the country or providing online and private training courses to clients.