Getting Started with the Salesforce® DX CLI (SFDX)
- A basic understanding of how the Salesforce platform works
- A Mac or Linux Computer (Windows users should be very experienced with the command line.)
This course will show you everything you need to know about the Salesforce® DX Command Line Interface. Understanding this tool will let you use any text editor or IDE that you want with the Salesforce® Platform and rapidly speed up the development process for any projects you might have on the Salesforce® platform.
When MavensMate was deprecated many developers did not know where to turn to. This course will show you how to use SFDX and develop on scratch orgs without MavensMate.
- Developers on the Salesforce Platform
- Developers who don't know what to do now that MavensMate is deprecated.
- Admins who want to learn more about development and SFDX.
- Introduction and Course Overview00:57
- Print Working Directory and Change Directory00:58
- Make a New Folder01:02
- Make and delete a New File02:03
- Learn More about the Command Line00:09
- Learning Resources00:01
- Install Visual Studio Code and Plugins for Salesforce® Development01:34
- Install the 'code' command00:25
- Other Recommended Text Editors00:02
- Link: Dev Hub Trial Org Sign Up00:02
- Sign Up for A Dev Hub Org Trial00:48
- Link: SFDX CLI Installation00:02
- Install the SFDX CLI02:21
- Create a Scratch Org06:05
- Pushing and Pulling Code to/from Scratch Orgs03:12
- Why this is important: Pushing/Pulling Code and Changes00:28
- Download + Install Git00:03
- Setup Git and GitHub02:37
- Commit changes to your Repo and Push to Git Hub02:35
- Create and switch to a new branch05:08
- Learn Git00:07
- Add Git to Your SFDX Project04:36
- Why this is important: Git00:01
- Create A User01:30
- Create A User and Specify Username/Email01:33
- Generate a Password and List Users01:15
- Why this is important: Users00:17
- Display the Schema for an Object01:08
- List the Objects for a Category01:36
- Why this is important: Schemas00:07
- Execute SOQL with SFDX02:10
- SOQL Resources00:00
- Create a Record01:07
- Read a Record01:58
- Delete A Record01:17
- Update a Record02:31
- Why this is important: Data00:04
Hi There! My name's Jeff, I'm a professional developer and marketer by trade and have been in the industry for about four years. I've worked for manufacturers, distributors, tech companies, startups, and as an independent contractor in the United States.
I encourage anyone to contact me with questions, comments, or concerns.