Learn Rust in 7 Days
What you'll learn
- Use the Rust trait system to build super flexible types.
- Effective ways of handling Rust Errors without Boilerplate code.
- How pointer lifetimes keep your code effective and safe.
- Work within the restrictions needed for pointer safety, and still achieve capable code
- How rust programs can work with other system programs.
- Write programs that take full advantage of multicore processors, using concurrency without the risk of data races
- Loop on anything with the Iterator Trait
- How to Use the Rocket web framework to build powerful websites quickly
- The video is for developers who have basic knowledge of programming.
The Rust programming language makes it possible to build fast reliable code, prevents segfaults, and guarantees memory safety, even while working across concurrent processes.
The course is split into seven parts, which give you a complete overview of why Rust is a great programming language. In the first couple of days, you’ll learn to install Rust on your system, discover its syntax, and see a library that utilizes the feature of trait-based generics and code reusability.
On days 3 and 4, you’ll understand how Rust Lifetimes work by doing extensive compiler checking and learn to make your programs more interactive by accessing all the bits of the Rust environment. On day 5, you’ll learn about multithreading without data races with safe concurrency. Day 6, you’ll create a database, using your code to read and update while securing it with Bcrypt from various breaches such as SQL injection attacks.
By the end of the course, you’ll have built a mini-bank application that tracks users’ financial transactions over time, allowing them to view their history over time.
About the Author
Matthew Stoodley is a programming enthusiast and has been really excited to learn about Rust for it’s low level power and memory safety. He mostly uses it to build board games.
If you want to try them, or you are looking for a story teller, magician, illustrator, or a web developer, you can go to his website to get to know him better.
Who this course is for:
- The video will also appeal to developers who are using C/C++ language to write their applications.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.