Learn Risk Analysis, Evaluation & Assessment - from A to Z
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Perform a risk analysis, evaluation and assessment
- Use standard risk assessment tools like FMEA, FTA, PHA, HAZOP and HACCP
- Understand the various techniques of risk analysis
- Use the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis FMEA technique
- Use the Fault Tree Analysis FTA technique
- Use the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point HACCP technique
- Use the Preliminary Hazard Analysis PHA technique
- Use the Hazard and Operability Study HAZOP technique
- Adapt and use the risk analysis techniques in a flexible way to virtually every field of work
- No particular prereqisites.
"Good pace and solid information", Bobby
"Very nice course for beginner introduction to risk analysis. A good point to start", Angelos
Besides risk management, risk assessment is demanded in many field, like product development, process control, project management, business plans and so on. Even a process as simple as delivering a meal in a business activity, is subject by law to a particular risk assessment.
However, the theoretical basis is almost the same for every field, even though there are many risk assessment tools available for this objective.
In this course, we will cover both the common basis and the specific tools. More in details, with respect to the general aspects of risk assessment, we will see:
- risk analysis,
- risk estimation both qualitative, semi-quantitative and numerical
- risk evaluation and control measures
Then we will see the most used techniques:
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Fault Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
Once learned the above concepts, we will see the complete risk assessment cycle, and which techniques to use during specific phases of a development process.
Both the general part and the particular techniques lessons are fitted with examples and downloadable excel worksheets.
At the end of the course, you will be able to master both the basic concepts and specific techniques, and you will be able to apply and adapt this knowledge to your field of interest.
- Risk managers
- Project manager
- Quality Management and Assurance professionals
- Managers and persons with responsibilities where risk assessment is needed
- Designers and engineers who need to consider risks in their projects
- Product managers
- Professionals in positions of responsibility who inevitably deal with risks
- Financial manager and operators
- Process designers and process engineers
- Safety managers
- Workplace safety professionals
- Students who want to develop their career in one of the above
At the end of this lesson you will be able to perform a qualitative risk evaluation using descriptors and risk matrix. We will use 3x3 and 3x5 risk matrix and 3 or 5 categories of descriptors. Examples are available and downloadable as an excel file, for a safety and financial risk evaluation.
In this lesson you will learn about the measures to lower the risk, such as inherent safe design, protective measures, and so on, what to consider when implementing them, and their practicability. Two examples are shown, of an electric lifter (electric hazard) and of entering a new market (financial hazard). The examples used are downloadable as Excel files.
In this lesson you will learn what HAZOP is and how to use it. You can download an Excel worksheet used in the example.