Learn real world API design in PHP using Apigility
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create your own unit-tested APIs
- Be familiar with Oauth2 authentication and customizing Authorization
- Be able to send notification e-mail messages
Instead of using the vagrant process for setting up the development environment, I'd suggest reviewing Lecture 5, UPDATE - Docker Container support. This is a more modern approach to setting up local development environments. The prerequisites for that include downloading docker for your operating system and ensuring you have docker-compose in your PATH. Each operating system varies on this process.
- PHP Syntax
- PHP Object Oriented programming
- Exception handling
- Web server technologies using PHP
- A general knowledge of continuous integration
Learn how to build a robust API for your projects using the actively developed and frequently contributed to API framework, Apigility. This course is designed to jumpstart your API development and clear up many of the potentially confusing parts on how to get started using Apigility.
At the end of this course you will have a working API that provides user registration, forgotten password resets, and email notifications. You will gain some working experience with Doctrine ORM and oauth2. Finally, you'll be confident that your API's backing logic will reliably perform how you expect it to because your domain models will be unit tested.
- This course is designed for developers already familiar with Object Oriented programming in PHP and need to implement an API but are unfamiliar with Apigility.