Kotlin for Beginners: Learn Programming With Kotlin 2022
What you'll learn
- Create professional applications using Kotlin, the new Java-based programming language developed by Jetbrains
- Understand the concepts of the Kotlin language and how it integrates neatly with Java
- Understand the basics of object-oriented software development, the most important development paradigm
- Use Intellij, the popular Java (and Kotlin) IDE, to write code effectively and professionally
- Read code and write your Kotlin code as well
- No programming experience needed. you will learn everything you need to know.
This course is a unique experience on Udemy. There are loads of Kotlin resources online to choose from, but this is the only course that takes you from a complete beginner in software development, teaches you the fundamentals, advanced topics, and makes you an expert in this field. I've spent years building applications in Kotlin, and years again teaching people how to build code for themselves. This is the most complete course I've ever done, and it's all to help you on your journey to become an expert developer.
Topics covered include:
Variables & nullable types (null safety)
Conditionals: if and when
Loops: for and while
Object orientation: classes, objects, interfaces, inheritance etc.
Data classes (a handy feature in Kotlin)
This course also covers object-orientation, the major development paradigm you need to grasp in today's world. But we will also look at functional programming concepts that will make your life much easier.
Once you understand these, you will also be able to understand other object-oriented languages, including Java, PHP, C++, C#, Scala, or Swift. They all use this same basic paradigms.
So get in now to help shape this course and become part of the community inside!
Who this course is for:
You do not need programming skills, we will start from scratch and slowly make our way to intermediate and more advanced topics
You should be excited to learn an awesome new programming language!
You will need basic skills in handling a PC, so you should know how to install and run applications on your computer.
Android developers who want to get started with Kotlin.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Kotlin and Android developers curious about Mobile Development
Team DO is a learning resource established with the mission of providing affordable education in technology. DO offers lessons on numerous topics including coding in Python and Kotlin. The videos are delivered in a casual and easy-to-understand style by a variety of presenters. DO is an initiative started by Tushar Khatri in the hope to reach as many students as possible around the world.