Learn C++ Programming by Making Games
What you'll learn
- Understand how to break down problems into smaller easier to understand tasks
- Take those tasks and translate them into C++ code
- You'll be able to make small but fairly complex ASCII games
- Nothing. We'll go over everything together.
This course is for beginning programming students who are struggling with understanding how to solve programming problems. I'll be showing you how I go about solving problems; how to break everything down into something easy to understand and easy to program. We'll be using C++ as our programming language of choice. C++ is a very powerful and versatile language that is a very good language to start making games with. We'll go deep and try to understand how things really work on the computer at a low level. We'll make several games as practice and I'll show you all my tips and tricks in order to solve the problems we come across.
Who this course is for:
- This is for people interested in learning how to program but don't know where to start. No prior programming knowledge is presumed. Those interested in the basics of making games. You won't get much value in this course if you're already knowledgeable in programming.
A veteran programmer of 16 years, I now work in the AAA game industry on some of the game industry's biggest titles like Minecraft and Halo. I've worked/work on core systems and AI. Before that I worked as the lead iOS developer at a successful mobile apps company.
In my spare time I work on my own indie game projects and continue to learn new technologies and techniques.
I've been a programming mentor at VFS and I tutor University students regularly in programming. I'm a life long learner and I have a passion for teaching others what I know about programming.