Learn C++ Programming by Making Games
- 25 hours on-demand video
- 36 articles
- 18 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand how to break down problems into smaller easier to understand tasks
- Take those tasks and translate them into C++ code
- You'll be able to make small but fairly complex ASCII games
I'll explain what programming is and isn't.
Explain what algorithms are.
Show drawing of the Transform
I go over how to setup Eclipse C++ and we make our first program. I'll go over a little bit of how everything works. Don't worry about not understanding everything yet. We'll be doing a lot more examples.
We go over what variables are and how to create then and set their values C++. We go over just the built in types like int, float and char.
- Nothing. We'll go over everything together.
This course is for beginning programming students who are struggling with understanding how to solve programming problems. I'll be showing you how I go about solving problems; how to break everything down into something easy to understand and easy to program. We'll be using C++ as our programming language of choice. C++ is a very powerful and versatile language that is a very good language to start making games with. We'll go deep and try to understand how things really work on the computer at a low level. We'll make several games as practice and I'll show you all my tips and tricks in order to solve the problems we come across.
- This is for people interested in learning how to program but don't know where to start. No prior programming knowledge is presumed. Those interested in the basics of making games. You won't get much value in this course if you're already knowledgeable in programming.