Learn Practical Python 3 for Beginners (2018)
What you'll learn
- You'll learn how and why to use lists, tuples, dictionaries and sets
- Have a full grasp of both while loops and for loops
- How to convert lists, dictionaries and sets into comprehension
- How to work with txt files, pickle files, and the os module
- How to use generators, generator expressions and functional programming
- Gain a complete understanding of OOP (Object-Orientaed Programming
- Use functions, lambda expressions, built-in functions, and decorators
- How to manipulate arrays with the numpy module
- How to manipulate and make sense of large data frames with the pandas module
- Create beautiful and interactive graphs with matplotlib module
- Create a simple paper, scissors, rock game
- Internet connection and +500 MB space on your computer
- No prior knowledge of programming is required as you'll learn from the absolute basics to a professional level
- Anaconda distribution 5.x and Python 3.x which you'll learn to install right from the get go
This course teaches you the fundamentals of any programming language, with Python 3.6 and Anaconda 5.0.0 with Jupyter Notebook!
You'll be learning:
- Installing Jupyter Notebook IDE
- Using all the vital features of Jupyter Notebook
- Variables and comparison operators
- Strings, slicing and formatting
- Lists, Dictionaries, Tuples and Sets
- Control flow and loops
- List, Set and Dictionary Comprehension
- Functions and decorators to make your code my Pythonic!
- Random module and Built-in Functions
- Lambda expressions and Handling errors
- Learn how to manage files with the OS module
- Work with txt and pickle files
- Generators, Generators expressions and functional programming
- You'll fully master Object-Orientated Programming
- Work with Numpy and Pandas modules for manipulating dataframes
- Visualize data with Matplotlib module
- Work with projects starting with a simple Scissors, Paper, Rock game
- New lectures and practical projects will be added regularly.
There are a total of 11 exercises with full solutions provided as ipython files, pdf files and lecture solutions.
This course will be kept up to date!
Check out the previews to get a taster of what you'll learn. Cheers!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is completely new to programming
Hi, I'm Michael S. Russell. I'm a recent post-graduate with BEng in Petroleum Engineering and a MSc in Financial Mathematics.
For my MSc dissertation, I created a Google Trends trading algorithm using Python, and have been programming with this awesome language for around 3 years now.
I'm keen on reaching out and teaching as many people as possible. I create free versions of my paid courses as an ultimate freebie that helps satiate any students curiousity. I also take any constructive criticism on board so that I can further improve my ability to teach you, the student to not only learn, but most importantly of all, have fun!