Learn Power BI Fast
- Windows 7 or Above
Microsoft Power BI is one of the most robust business intelligence software on the market and it so happens that it's one of the cheapest! Anyone can start building their own data visualizations for free. If you own your own business and want to harness the power of your data or if want to start a career in Business Intelligence, Power BI is a great tool to leverage.
This course will walk you through the entire process of making your first Power BI dashboard. By the end of the course, you will be able to create visualizations using your own data and add value to your company.
First, I walk you through how to download Power BI. Since there is no better practice than by doing it yourself, we will be using a publicly-available database called AdventureWorksDW2012. I will guide you in how to install SQL Server Management Studio and configure the database so that you can perform the lessons right alongside me.
Next, we take a tour of Power BI and create our first visualizations using data that we retrieve from the database. You'll learn about all of the different chart types and when to use them.
Later, we dive into some more advanced topics including how to calculate your own columns and measures and how to leverage DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) to perform complex calculations.
We then move on the styling your report. Arguably one of the most important parts of report building, you need to make sure it looks good or no one will want to use it. Take my word for it.
We finish up with how to share your reports. This involves setting up your workspace in Power BI Service, pushing your report up the cloud, and then publishing your hard work for others to see.
At this point, you will be proud of what you have built and you will hopefully see just how addictive building data visualizations in Power BI can be. Without further ado, let's get started!
- Anyone who wants to be able to create beautiful data visualizations using Microsoft Power BI.
- Anyone who would like to start a career as a Business Intelligence Developer!
- Updated Course - 2020 Version01:32
- Sneak Peak of Finished Product02:29
- Installing SQL Server and AdventureWorksDW2012 Database04:56
- Lecture 3 Download Links00:03
- Installing Power BI Desktop04:34
- Lecture 5 Download Link00:00
- Themes & Pictures01:27
- Finishing Touches - Tree Chart10:52
- Creating a Workspace and Publishing Report04:14
- Creating an App01:45
- Automatic Data Refresh and Subscriptions08:07
- Lecture 24 Download Link00:00
- More Power BI Learning00:11
I am a SQL and Business Intelligence Developer who loves diving head first into data in order to draw insights that can be leveraged as a company. I love continually learning Power BI as it is updated or discovering a hidden feature or method using DAX. I enjoy teaching others about Business Intelligence and Power BI as a software.