Piano: The Chord Based System - Learn To Play As The Pros Do
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Name the notes on the piano keyboard, including all naturals, sharps and flats.
- Understand the relationship of the steps of the musical scale to form chords on the piano.
- Play any major, minor and seventh chord on the piano.
- Play on the piano with both hands in an effective way to accompany a singer or another instrument.
- Play the common chords that make up most songs in the popular, rock, folk, blues genres.
- Move from one chord to another easily and quickly using inversions.
- Play from popular piano sheet music.
- Play extended chords with a bigger and richer sound than the simple, basic three note chords.
- Play embellishments, such as fills and arpeggios to make your playing more impressive.
- Put all the elements together to be competant at playing popular music on the piano.
- Students will need a keyboard with more than two octaves (24 keys.)
- It is helpful, though not necessary to be able to read the Treble Clef.
LEARN THE PIANO CHORDS THAT PROFESSIONALS USE. NEWLY UPDATED!
This course is designed to teach you to play piano using chords, even if you can't read music. I show you exactly how professional piano players do it; why they don't bother with reading sheet music, and yet are able to play any song easily and quickly, sounding as if they have practiced the song for weeks.
See the simple tricks that I have used as a full-time pianist and keyboardist for the past 40+ years.
Master chord-based Popular Style Piano in a matter of hours
Whether you want to play just for fun, play for friends, at parties, or become a professional, this course will give you information to help you achieve your goals. You will:
Learn to use the piano as an accompaniment instrument
Learn how to build major chords easily in any key
Learn how to create a minor or dominant 7th chord
Learn augmented, diminished, suspended and major 7th chords
Learn how to play easily with both hands
Find out how to read chords from sheet music without reading the notes
Learn in two hours what takes years for most
Discover the secrets to turn simple, basic chords into beautiful, full-sounding Jazz, Rock, and Gospel chords.
Learn quickly and efficiently how to sound skilled on the piano
If you want to make beautiful music on the piano without years of grueling, expensive lessons, this is the course you want.
I do not teach note-reading in this course. If your goal is to play Beethoven, Bach, or other classical music, this course is not for you. It is a course in popular piano playing.
I spent years taking weekly lessons as a child, studying music in school and college – but when I became a full-time, professional piano player 45 years ago, I discovered that most of what I learned did not apply to what I was trying to do. I wanted to play popular music in night clubs, cabarets, casinos and show rooms. I learned more from working with other professional musicians than I ever did from teachers, either privately or in school.
What I show you in this course are the things that I learned to make music easy, effective and fun. It's how the pros play.
In addition, you have an unconditional,no questions asked, 30 day, money-back guarantee. Nothing at risk!
- This course is for people who would like to play Popular Style Piano without having to learn to read music, note-for-note. Whether you have little or no musical training, this course will bring you up to speed, and give you the skills to sound like a professional piano layer.
- This course is probably not for you if you are accomplished at playing basic accompaniment on the piano, and already know how to form all major, minor, and dominant 7th chords using both hands.
In this lecture we will apply the chords and techniques we've learned to playing a popular song.