Learn Piano #7- Learn Chromatic Chords & Chromatic Scale Run
What you'll learn
- PLAY fun Chromatic Scale Runs
- REHARMONIZE a song with Diminished 7 Chords
- USE Diminished 7 Chord Formula: 1 b3 b5 6
- UNDERSTAND why the 4th tone is called bb7
- SUBSTITUTE Diminished 7 Chords in place of A7b9
- INSERT Diminished 7 Chords in a Chord Progression
- RECOGNIZE the chromatic chord movement in using Diminished 7 Chords
- TRANSLATE diminished 7 chords easily to Roman Numeral Notation
- PLAY Chromatic Scale Runs in both Left Hand & Right Hand
- SPLASH in Chromatic Tone Fill Ins - One Beat
- SPLASH in Chromatic Scale run between melody tones
- PLAY Chromatic Tones in LH from one chord to the next
- Students need to understand some basic music theory
- Preferably students who have taken the different levels of my Learn Piano Series from Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, Level 5, Level 6
- Each level created help students to move steadily on from one course to the other!
Learn Piano Level 7 - Learn to reharmonize a song with Diminished 7 Chords
Do you want your piano playing to sound more like a professional?
You need to learn how to put in Diminished 7 Chords into your songs. They create great sounding bass lines whereby you move your chords chromatically either upward or downward in a chord progression.
Many students are scared of the Diminished 7 Chords because they find them very difficult to play. How can we turn something complex to easy thinking?
Here's the Secret: Do not use the standard chord formula (1 b3 b5 bb7) when you play the diminished 7 Chords. Use the simple formula: 1 b3 b5 6 whereby the 4 tones are each 3 semi tones apart.
Once your thinking is clear in this matter, you will be able to put in diminished 7 Chords easily into songs.
Here are some of the topics we will cover in this course:
1. Understanding Diminished 7 Chords - Chord Fromula
Diminished 7 Chord Formula: 1 b3 b5 bb7
Diminished 7 Chord Formula: 1 b3 b5 6
Figure out all 12 Diminished 7 Chords
2. Familiarize Yourself to the Sounds of Diminished 7 Chords
3. C#dim7 Substituting A7b9 in Chord Progression
Understanding Chord Progression: C A7b9 Dm7 G7
C#dim7 is the upper structure of A7b9
Piano Demo - Upper structure
Diminished 7 Chord can replace VI7b9 in any Key
Roman Numeral Notation for C#dim7
Diminished 7 Chords create beautiful Chromatic Chord Movement
Piano Demo - C C#dim7 Dim7 G7
4. Step 1: Away in a Manger - Use C#dim7 Chord Sub
5. Step 2: Away in a Manger - Use Chord Insert - Ebdim7
Em7 - Ebdim7 -Dm7
6. Step 3: Away in a Manger - Use Chord Insert - F#dim7
F - F#dim7 - C/G
7. Step 4: Away in a Manger - Use Chord Insert - D#dim7
C - C#dim7 - C/E
8. Summary: 4 Kinds of Diminished 7 Chords in C Key
Learn these FUN Piano Techniques using Chromatic Movement
1. Right Hand Fingering for Chromatic Scales
2. Left Hand Fingering for Chromatic Scales
3. Right Hand Chromatic Runs in 2 Octaves - Intro or Ending
4. Left Hand Chromatic Runs in 2 Octaves - Intro or Ending
5. Right Hand Chromatic Fill in - for ONE Beat
6. Right Hand Scale Run in Long tones between melody tones
7. Left Hand Chromatic tone movement between Chords
Come on in and enroll in this course!
Let's have some fun together,
Rosa's Online School:
Teaching 93 Courses on Music & Piano Courses!
OVER 74,000 Successful students have already taken my online courses since July 2014 with many 5 Star Reviews
About Rosa's online course at Udemy:
Over 74,000 very happy students already in my Udemy classes
See the 5 Star Reviews from VERY satisfied students
You get free lifetime access
All videos are at your finger tips to watch anytime & anywhere
All future extra lectures and upgrades are always free
Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee and that's my personal promise to your success!
Join this happy family of students
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to understand higher level of music theory
- Students who want to understand how diminished 7 Chords are put into a song
Rosa is the Pastor and Church Pianist for a local community church in Hong Kong for over 30 years. She graduated from University of British Columbia and received her teaching certificate specializing in Chemistry and teaching English as a second language. She taught public schools in Canada for a couple of years and then went on to receive her Master's degree in Christian Theological Ministry at Ontario Theological Seminary in Toronto. She started full time ministry with her husband in 1989 and received intensive Pastoral Counselling and Discipleship Training at Christian Disciples Church. They were ordained to become church ministers as Pastors in 1996 in a local church in Tsuen Wan and have been ministering to this same congregation for more than 20 years now.
Over the years, she has gone on church missions to Mongolia, Sydney, Nepal, India and expedition trips to the Holy Lands: Israel, Greece and Turkey. Wherever she went, she found herself taking up the music ministry and became the church pianist for that church.
Many people at church have asked her to teach them to play piano. As a result of her passion in playing piano, she started developing piano courses initially for church pianists online since 2008. The piano courses are very unique because she was finally willing to share her Unique Piano Method: Color Chord Improvisation Method known as CCI. The CCI method works for all types of music: Gospel, Pop and Standards.
This Piano Method is easy, fun and creative that you learn to play piano not only from music score sheets, but to play chords from fake books and eventually to play by ear. Students all over the world have requested for courses to teach them play standards and popular songs. As a result she developed 3 Great Reharmonization Method courses for them to play from fake books and play by ear. The Dreamy Piano Techniques courses, especially the one on Autumn Leaves is her students favorite. She has a piano website at Learn Piano With Rosa where she continues to offer new courses to her students. She also holds piano workshops for her local students and train church pianists.
With her education and expertise in teaching, her students love her piano courses and found her piano lessons extremely easy and fun to play piano. They are highly motivated to play piano and playing piano had never been more fun and satisfying for them. You can read their testimonies on her website.
She is now an instructor at Udemy. Come and join her hundreds of students to play piano in a fun and creative way.