Learn Partitioning in PostgreSQL from Scratch
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand what, when and how to partition
- Implement partitions in production system
- Write optimized queries to make use of the designed partitions
- Handle maintenance tasks related to partitions
- Automate all the tasks that has got to do with partitions
Understand, What is Partitioning and What to Partition in PostgreSQL database
- How to enable partition mode of the parameter constraint exclusion and
- How it affects query planner
- Download and Install PostgreSQL 9.4 or latest
- Download and Install pgAdmin III (Optional but good to have)
Learn the key terminologies, basic concepts, implementation techniques that you will need to build a, fully functional partitioned tables with PostgreSQL database. Every concepts or topics are covered with hands on demo session, along with English Caption / Subtitles to provide better clarity.
Many of the key concepts learned in this course can be applied on other databases as well.
Handling huge volume of data / big tables in RDBMS
There are plenty of opportunities in data domain, and being able to learn and appreciate the importance of data volume handling through Partitions in RDBMS, will give you a confidence to tackle the challenges that you encounter in real time projects.
Content and Overview
Through this 7 session course, with more than 40 lectures, 6 Quiz chapters along with additional resources, you will
- Understand what, when and how to Partition.
- Gain confidence in implementing Partitions in Production system
- Know how to write optimized queries on the partitioned tables
- Be able to handle maintenance tasks related to partitions
- Understand how to automate all the tasks related to partitions
You can test the knowledge gained through the sessions by attending quizzes and every use case mentioned in the course are explained with demo sessions thereby enabling you to practice the newly learned skills.
You can also download the source code files used during the demo sessions, to practice at your end. The source code files are available for download as part of the last section named "Resources".
Learners who complete this course will gain the knowledge and confidence to implement a fully functional and automated Partitioning solutions in the projects.
- Database Administrators
- Database or Data Warehouse programmers
- Application developers using PostgreSQL as their backend
- ETL developers