Learn VirtualBox: Step by Step (Install 5 Operating Systems)
What you'll learn
- Operate VirtualBox like a pro
- Install a variety of operating systems (BSD, Linux, Windows)
- Utilize guest additions for advanced VirtualBox functionality
- Choose between basic virtual machine options
- Share files between host and guest operating systems
- Students will need a computer running Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, or Solaris
- A basic understanding of software and operating system installations
Oracle VM VirtualBox is a program for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Solaris, which enables you to install alternative operating systems within your current (host) operating system.
You can run Linux side-by-side with other operating systems, including BSD, Solaris, and Windows.
Inside the course you'll learn how to:
- Download and install VirtualBox (it's 100% FREE)
- Create virtual machines to run other operating systems within your current OS
- Unlock guest additions that add even more powerful features to your VMs
- Share files between your host and guest OS
- Use mouse integration for seemless work between host and guest OS
I'll walk you through 5 complete operating system installations. Each OS will be thoroughly treated, from virtual machine creation, to installation, guest additions, and more! The following guest operating systems will be covered in the course:
- Windows XP Pro
- Ubuntu Desktop
- CentOS 7
Get started today with Oracle VM Virtualbox, and start playing with new operating systems, learning how they function, BEFORE you perform a local installation!
Virtualization is a great way to familiarize yourself with new operating systems.
You can learn valuable skills, including server administration and networking, all within a safe, virtual environment.
There's no need to worry about breaking anything within a virtual machine! You can always choose to start over in VirtualBox. It's a safe. and effective way to learn just about anything. Plus, the software is free forever. So, you never need to worry about licensing or other fees.
I know you're going to love this course. As a student, you are my #1 priority. So, don't hesitate to contact me with any question you may have concerning the course. It would be my pleasure to serve you.
Ready to get started? Let's go!
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn about running operating systems in a virtual environment.
Hello, my name is Cody Ray Miller and I love teaching valuable skills to motivated students! I am passionate about helping you achieve your life goals, whether that means advancing in business, acquiring the technological skills needed to excel at work, or improving the quality of your personal life.
I have a diverse set of certifications, interests and experiences—including a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology—which enable me to teach a variety of powerful courses, from computer server administration to marketing psychology and stargazing.
As my student, you are my #1 priority. Each and every one of my courses are carefully designed to accommodate a wide variety of learning styles and personality types. If something is unclear, or you need help understanding anything within my course, just send me a message and I will be happy to spend some one-on-one time with you in order to clarify the course material and make sure that you both learn and retain the subject matter.
Thank you for your interest in my courses, and in me as an instructor. I look forward to seeing you in one of my lectures very soon!
Cody Ray Miller