Learn Node Red Programming in 48 Hours
What you'll learn
- You will learn to program in Node-RED environment
- You will learn to write and extract JSON scripts
- You will learn to work on a number of services on IBM Bluemix
- You will learn to build a simple twitter bot using Node red
- You will learn to build a text to speech engine using Node-red.
- You will learn to build Facial Recognition along with age estimation using Node-red.
- You will learn to integrate LCD with Raspberry Pi using Node-Red.
- Raspberry Pi
- A basic understanding of electricity and electronics
- Basic knowledge of Linux Terminal Commands
- LCD Integration
Hello, learners! Greetings from Makerdemy. In this course, you will learn how to design and deploy flows on Node-RED Programming Platform.
This course is for anyone who is interested in exploring Node-RED and IBM Bluemix services.
This course is for anyone who is interested in building an IoT Project by availing the Bluemix services. This course is ideal for those who are interested in exploring the scope of Node-RED. The course does not require any prior knowledge of Node-RED and IBM Bluemix.
The course consists series of lessons will show you how to get up and running Node-RED on the IBM Bluemix. IBM Bluemix consists of many useful services which can be bound to our application to make use of it in your desired way. you will also be learning JSON for the better understanding of data flow in Node-RED. Also, you will be learning to control GPIO of Raspberry Pi using Node-RED
The course split into seven projects:
Project 1: In this project, we will be learning JSON and using MQTT Protocol to communicate between services.
Project 2: In this project, we will teach you to create a simple Twitter Bot and analyse tweets based on tone of language.
Project 3: This project will involve face recognition and analysing by estimating age and detecting the gender of a person.
Project 4: In this project, we will teach you to convert any text input into a speech.
Project 5: In this project, we will teach you to translate a text from a source language to a target language using IBM Bluemix Language Translation services.
Project 6: Here, we will be developing an application to help the visually impaired by converting text into an audio form.
Project 7: In this project, we will be logging temperature of Raspberry Pi on IBM Watson IoT Platform. This will also include working on LCD Display Module
Who this course is for:
- This is an introductory course meant for those who are interested in exploring the Node-RED.
- Anyone interested in learning about programming to interface with a curiosity for making electronics and microcontrollers
- Students over 10 years of age, or younger with with adult supervision. Young students should be supervised at all times when working with direct electricity.
- Engineering Students - Electronics, Electrical & Computer Science
- High School Science Students
- Electronic Geeks, Hobbiest & Art Students
Venkatesh Varadachari is the founder of MAKERDEMY, a pioneer maker education company head-quartered in Singapore.
Venkatesh believes that knowledge should be made available to people in all walks of life. Venkatesh also believes in the power of education to transform lives.
Venkatesh has an MBA from the prestigious Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
He also has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Madras University and a Masters in Financial Engineering from National University of Singapore.
Haresh is a passionate AI and Chatbot enthusiast. He is keen on mastering new and upcoming technologies and at the same time has expertise in Artificial Intelligence, Amazon Alexa and other Chatbots.
Haresh holds an engineering degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He is a product engineer and spends his time creating exciting courses around the Amazon's Artificial Intelligence Assistant Alexa and other Chatbots.