- 8 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn the fundamentals of music production
- How to record and edit your audio tracks
- How to record and edit your MIDI tracks
- Adding Effects and Mixing your songs
- Mastering and Finalizing your songs
- Some basic music skills, such as understanding different instruments and what they sound like
- A computer to run the music software (DAW)
Your Essential Guide to Music Production
This course is all about teaching you the Essentials of Music Production. With all the music software choices out there, its very easy to get a bit overwhelmed with what to choose and how to use it. Well, the good news is that all the Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) out there on the market do the same thing. They allow you to record your musical ideas in, and then edit and mix them to get your songs sounding great!
We want to help minimize this learning curve and show you how to get your musical ideas into your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), and then how to use the tools in the software to edit, mix and master your music
You will gain from 30 Years of Experience
The two instructors of this course (Gary Hiebner and Mikael Baggström) will share from the experience and knowledge they gained from all their years composing and producing music, which in total is well over 30 years. And together they have created this Essentials Guide on how you can improve your Music Productions.
You will learn the following:
- Recording and Editing your Audio
- Recording and Editing your MIDI
- How to use effects to improve your music productions
- Learning to mix your songs like a Pro!
- How to master and finalize your songs so that they compare to other commercial releases
What You'll Get From This Course:
- Step-by step instructions on how to get started with your DAW, and how to get your audio and MIDI ideas into the computer
- Easy to follow instructions that can be carried across to whatever DAW you are working in
- Tips & Tricks from an experience composer and sound designer
- Suitable for beginners and pros alike
At the end of this course you’ll be able to find your way around your DAW, and know how to record to your audio and MIDI tracks. Plus, you'll know how to add and edit effects to help improve your mix and mastering of your songs. We have also added in a bonus section on how to even build up your own DAW template so that you can get into your music productions even faster!
- This course is aimed at beginner to intermediate music makes are artists that want to learn how to record, edit and mix their own songs
- Music Makers and Artists with basic music production skills that want to improve them
- Music Composers, Producers, Beatmakers, Songwriters and anyone making music
In this video the instructors introduce themselves and what they will be covering in this course
Gary shows you his workflow in his studio. You'll get a look over his shoulder on how he produces his tracks. And you'll get some tips and tricks you can apply in your own music productions
Congratulations for getting this far in the course. It means you are indeed an action taker, and take learning seriously. Now, I am a huge believer in learning by doing. So I want to recommend you, to not rush through this course too fast. Instead, take a moment now, to reflect on what you have learned so far. And then take action, to start implementing your new knowledge. It can be as easy as writing a list with key points and principles you have learned. And also, writing a list of action items you intend to start doing, right after this course.
This video gives you an introduction to audio recording and how it all works getting audio into your DAW on your computer
In this video you will learn about MIDI, and how it is used it in Music Production.
This video covers why we edit our audio, and why it is important
In this video you will learn about MIDI Editing, and how it is used it in Music Production.
In this video you are going to learn the basics of how the EQ Effect works in music production. The EQ, which is short for equalizer, is a staple effect in music production. It is often used on every single track in a project, to various degrees. So you really need to learn how it works, and how to use it practically to shape your sounds, and polish your productions.
Now it's time for you to take action, which is always the best way to learn. Your project is to record a track in your DAW. Why a vocal track specifically? Because our ears are trained through history to hear all details of the human voice. This means you will be able to hear how the EQ affects the sound.
The compression processor is explained and why it is important in music productions
The Reverb Effect is one of the most used in music production. So what does reverb actually do, and how can you use it in your music?
Here you will get an introduction to the Delay (Echo) effect. How it works, and how you use it in music production.
Gary gives you a brief introduction on Distortion and how its used in music productions