What you'll learn
- Declare variables and manipulate values.
- Work with operators.
- Explain coercion and hoisting.
- Use the Date and Math object.
- Use template strings for displaying output.
- Incorporate if conditionals in your code.
- Use a switch statement when appropriate.
- Understand and apply the while and for loop.
- Create an array.
- Add and remove elements from an array.
- Use array methods.
- Create user defined functions.
- Create arrow functions.
- Explain scope.
- Create user defined objects.
- Explain prototypal inheritance.
- Use the constructor and class structure to create objects.
- Explain the DOM.
- Select and modify elements from the DOM.
- Create event handles to respond to user actions.
- Debug your code.
- Prior to taking this course, it is best, but not required, to have some familiarity to HTML and CSS. As for tools, you will need a browser and a text editor.
Who this course is for:
I was the co-owner and President of Rapid Intake, an eLearning firm. The company was an ideal place for me to apply my training and development skills. While there I managed all development and professional service related activities. I was heavily involved in the initial development of Rapid Intake's main product, an eLearning authoring tool, which eventually lead to Rapid Intake's acquisition in 2011 by Callidus Software.