Learn Mobile Programming By Example With Codename One
- Students need to be reasonably familiar with Java
- Students will need an IDE, ideally NetBeans but Eclipse or IntelliJ will also work
- All of the above IDE's include the Codename one plugin that students should install via the plugin update center
This is a Codename One crash course that uses existing demos: Dr. Sbaitso & PropertyCross to explain the various features of Codename One and in the process teaches you how to build a simple mobile app for iOS, Android etc...
This course is intended for Java developers and fans who are interested in building mobile apps and want to get a general sense of how this can be done. The course is structured as a code review that explains the demo in great details.
Who this course is for:
- This course is tailored for software developers who have some Java experience
- Mobile experience isn't required
Shai has worked as a professional software developer for more than 20 years during that time he has worked with companies such as Sun Microsystems, Oracle, IBM, DoCoMo, Sprint, Verizon, Voafone, Government institutions, Banks and many others.
He worked in many languages and technologies ranging from Server to desktop and mobile. In the mid 90's Shai turned his focus to Java and as it emerged to mobile Java.
In mobile Java Shai was a core member of the first WTK team & co-founder of the LWUIT project at Sun before forming Codename One with Chen Fishbein.