Excel Formulas and Functions: Make Basic & Advanced Formulas
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn Excel Formulas and Functions from Zero.
- Learn how to build a professional level Excel Template using Excel functions.
- Microsoft Office Software Installed.
Teaching 11 Courses on Excel and Data Analysis!
OVER 25,000 visitors visit my blog ExcelDemy dot com every month!!
OVER 15,000 successful students have already taken my online courses since November, 2015 with 375 total Reviews!!!
Course Updated: Nov 01. 2016
Excel formulas and functions are the heart of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. They are essential to manipulating data and obtaining useful information from your Excel workbooks.
Without Excel formulas and functions, Excel spreadsheet would simply be a fancy word-processing document. Welcome to my Excel Formulas and Functions course.
Let’s discuss now what you will learn from this course.
- Operators and Precedence of Operators: I will start from zero and if you don’t know about the operators and precedence of operators that Excel uses in its formulas, then it will be tough for you to decode complex Excel formulas. So I have covered them in very details.
- How to use built-in Excel functions: Then you will learn how to use built-in excel functions into the Excel formulas using the Insert Function and Function Arguments dialog box.
- Subtotal Function: You will find many uses of Subtotal function if you are using Excel with your finance related jobs. So this function is covered in details at the start of the course.
- Relative, Absolute and Mixed Cell References: You will work with these three concepts time to time when you will build excel formulas. So, they have got a good time in the course.
- Formulas with Tables: Understanding how formulas work with Excel tables is very important. I have used two lectures to cover Excel formulas with tables. In the second lecture, structured referencing with Excel tables has been discussed.
- Then you will learn how to handle circular references with Excel formulas, how named cells and ranges work with Excel formulas, and so on.
- Mathematical functions are very important in your daily work with finance or any kind of jobs. In this course, you will learn about SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, INT, MOD, ROUND, RAND, and RANDBETWEEN Excel functions. Counting related excel functions are also covered in this course.
- Then you will work with 3-D Referencing with Excel Formulas.
- In Advanced Excel formulas, you will learn: IF, IFERROR, DATE related functions, Text manipulating functions, and many more.
- Manipulating Text using Excel Functions: There is a section where you will learn how to manipulate text using Excel formulas and functions.
- Then you have worked with VLOOKUP, INDEX, and Array formulas.
- And at the end of the course, you will build a professional Excel template where you will learn how to make complex Excel formulas using Excel functions.
- Here is not the end of the course. Time to time, I shall add more lectures to the course that will teach you how to face real life problems using Excel formulas and functions.
So, if you are interested to learn advanced Excel formulas and functions with a real life project, then this course is for you. Thanks for reading. Enjoy the course!
- This course is meant for intermediate level Excel users who are familiar with the general concepts of Excel features.
What you will get from this Excel lecture:
- This is the download section of the whole course. You will get all the working files, practice problems, Excel keyboard shortcuts PDF, and other Excel resources in one place.
- You will also get an idea how to instantly contact me when you face an Excel or Course related problem.
In this video lecture,
- You will be introduced with the operators that are used by Excel.
- You will also learn how to use different operators in Excel.
Operator has working hierarchy. All the operators in a formula does not work at the same time.
In this lecture,
- You have learned all about Excel operator precedence.
Excel is nothing but a word processor if you deduct Excel's capability to use functions. Functions are the hearts of Excel. In this video, you will learn how to insert Excel functions into a formula.
You will also learn how to use effectively Insert Function dialog box.
In this video lecture,
- You will learn how to use structured references in an Excel table.
- In this Excel training video, you will learn how you can search and find one or more characters within a text or string.
- To do that, we have used two Excel functions: SEARCH(...) and FIND(...).
- These two functions finds out the position of a text or character within another text.
- Their functionality is almost same but SEARCH(...) function is not case sensitive and FIND(...) function is case sensitive.
From this lecture and in the next 3 lectures, I have taught you how a professional and advanced Excel template is built actually. I have showed the process in step by step ways. I skipped some steps for your practicing purposes. Follow these tutorials and you will be able to build your own Excel template for yourself. Thanks for watching my course lectures.