Learn Mandarin Chinese Basics with Litao Chinese
- The course is suitable for absolute beginners
- Take notes while watching the video lecture
- Listen to the dialogue and write it down
This course is the free part of our Elementary Chinese Course, which includes the four lessons that cover about 100 very basic vocabularies and grammar points. After working through this course, you will build a good foundation for your further Chinese learning.
This course focuses on basic Chinese listening comprehension and speaking.
The instructor of this course, Zheng Tao, who has been teaching Mandarin Chinese as a foreign language for almost 12 years. With his clear and logical explanations, you can learn Mandarin Chinese so easily and quickly.
- This course is for people who want to learn Chinese but have no or little previous experience. We start with the absolute basics.
- This course focuses on listening comprehension and speaking, so people who are eager to understand and talk to Chinese people should take this course.
- People who want to build a good foundation for basic Chinese grammar will benefit a lot.
- This course is perfect for people who plan to learn Chinese all by themselves or with limited time.
- This course is not for the students who want to learn Chinese characters.
- Saying hello in Chinese02:14
- Asking and introducing someone’s family name in Chinese01:09
- Asking and introducing someone’s full name or first name in Chinese02:07
- Chinese people’s names01:24
- “He”, “She”, “It” in Chinese01:25
- Saying “Nice to meet you” in Chinese02:10
- Listen to the dialogue00:46
- Some countries’ names in Chinese01:40
- Introducing someone’s nationality in Chinese01:03
- Asking someone’s nationality in Chinese01:01
- Making a yes-no question in Chinese01:19
- Answering a yes-no question in Chinese01:44
- Practice of yes-no question01:09
- The possessive particle “的”01:23
- Addressing with their job title in Chinese00:48
- Listen to the dialogue00:56
- Expressing existence in a place with “在”01:44
- Chinese question words for “Where”01:42
- Asking and telling where someone’s hometown is in Chinese01:23
- Telling which city you are from in Chinese01:08
- “们” is used after “我”, “你”, “他/她/它” to denote plurality01:06
- Two Chinese adverbs: “也” and “都”02:07
- Reviewing how to answer a yes-no question in Chinese01:40
- Listen to the dialogue00:56
- Numbers from 0~9 in Chinese00:56
- Asking for someone’s telephone number in Chinese01:38
- Reading telephone numbers in Chinese01:57
- Reviewing how to ask a yes-no question in Chinese01:22
- Expressing thanks in Chinese00:24
- Listen to the dialogue01:21
Litao Chinese specializes in teaching Mandarin Chinese as a foreign language. Our mission is to provide learnable, systematic and high-quality online Chinese courses.
The instructor of this course, Zheng Tao, who has been teaching Mandarin Chinese as a foreign language for almost 12 years. He is also the co-founder of Litao Chinese, and he is currently working on our online Chinese character and HSK level 3 courses.