Learn Linux Security - Working with Permissions
What you'll learn
- Gain an understanding of how the Linux Access Control Model works
- Understand how permissions are calculated and defined
- Become comfortable administering Linux security through the command line
- Learn to grant permission sets to Users, Groups, and Others
- Learn both command shell and Desktop UI approaches for administering permissions
- Basic IT skills
Take a Deep Dive into Linux File Permissions!
This course will teach you how to manage access control and file permissions to protect Linux systems. Learn how Linux makes use of permissions to control access in a multi-user environment. If your job involves Linux security administration, then permission management is something you need to understand inside and out. Go from novice to expert!
There's a lot packed into this course - You'll learn how to:
Read permission sets
Calculate the numeric representation of a permission
Use the standard read / write /execute permissions to grant access
Understand the difference in owner, group, and others
Learn to change the ownership of files
Work with group associations
Learn to grant or revoke permissions
Implement a custom permissions for home directories, upload locations, and application libraries
Learn how you can use the command shell for permission administration
Get the details on using the desktop UI for permission management
Key elements of the course that you can take from the classroom to the real world:
- Example permission sets and real world use cases
- Hands on demonstrations of permission management from the command shell
- A walkthrough of permission management through the desktop UI
Most lessons also include a live hands-on demonstration where you can see permissions in action. Go ahead and get started learning Linux security with this complete course on Linux Permissions!
Who this course is for:
- All Levels
Pack Of Coders provides online technology training, publishing, and consulting services. Training is targeted at various skill levels and seeks to provide students with a better understanding of technology, software development practices, and cybersecurity topics. Major course offerings include:
Targeted training through our Rapid Skill Boost series - designed to help you hit the ground running on a new technology.
Our Essential Skills series of courses quickly gets you trained on foundational elements of a technology or tool.
If you're working towards certifications, then our Exam Coaching sessions are just what you need. These courses help you navigate the questions you might face on exam day!