Learn Linux Kernel Programming
What you'll learn
- What is Kernel Module,Device Driver and Differences
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Kernel Modules
- Understanding the hello world Linux Kernel Module and process of compilation
- Various commands: lsmod, rmmod, modinfo, insmod, modprobe, modinfo, depmod, objdump, dmesg
- Passing Parameters to Linux Kernel Modules
- Exporting Symbols
- Kernel Panic,oops, BUG, WARN
- Process Management in Linux Kernel
- Creating Kernel Threads
- Module Metadata
- Printk and Dynamic Debug
- Basics understanding of most frequently used commands in Linux (echo, cat, make, ls etc)
- Access to a computer running Linux (either direct or on VM)
110+ Lectures on Linux Kernel Programming
Updated on Dec 12th 2020 : Added more videos in Bonus section
Do you want to expand your horizon and be a part of programming evolution? Would you like to become proficient in Linux Kernel Module Programming to gain skills that are valued by the programming industry?
And why not? After all, Linux is one of the most popular OS for software developers, and its popularity is only going to increase over time.
There are many Linux Kernel Module Programming courses available to learn these skills.
However, these courses are often lacking in the practical approach, and students often feel left behind.
So, what is the best course available to learn this valuable skill right now?
Introducing Learn Linux Kernel Programming, a high-quality course developed by Linux Weekend Learning.
This course is built on a practical approach and uses a lot of real-world examples to give you proper training.
By enrolling, you will have lifetime access to course. You can learn at your own pace and refer back them whenever you want!
Here are some of the perks of this course:
Over 5 hours of video teaching and training
100+ Lectures on Linux Kernel Programming
Understanding the in and out of the hello world kernel modules
Write various kernel modules which exports symbols, accepts parameters, creates kernel threads
Learn about the printk function in deep
Various commands used while working in Linux Kernel Modules:insmod, rmmod, modprobe, lsmod, dmesg
All examples and notes used in the course are available for download
Direct access to your instructors for questions and help through the Udemy communication channels
Lifetime access to the course, including all future updates
This course comes with a 30 day money back guaranteed!. If you are not satisfied with the course, you'll get your money back
So what are you waiting for, enroll now and take the next step in learning Linux Kernel Programming
Commands you will learn from this course:
API's covered in the course:
Who this course is for:
- Developers who are curious about learning Linux Kernel Modules
I have been working on Linux for more than 7 years. I have seen many people still lack their skills on Linux. So, i am working on courses for Linux which will make them Learn Linux in an easy way. The agenda of my courses will be more practical and less theoretical. Show more examples and you will easily grab the concepts.
Order of Learning
1. Learn Linux User Space Debugging
2. Learn Linux Kernel Programming
3. Character Device Drivers in Deep
4. Memory management in Linux Kernel
5. Synchronization in Linux Kernel Programming
6. Linux Kernel Development Model and Compilation
7. Linux Device Drivers - Communicating with Hardware
8. Interrupts and Bottom Halves in Linux Kernel
9. System calls in deep
10. Timing Subsystem in deep
11. Embedded Linux using Yocto
12. Embedded Linux using Yocto Part 2
13. Embedded Linux using Yocto Part 3
14. Embedded Linux using Yocto Part 4
15. Testing Linux Kernel
16. Debugging Linux kernel in deep - Part 1
17. Debugging Linux kernel in deep - Part 2