Learn Legal Research
What you'll learn
- Students will learn how to perform Legal Research
- Students will obtain Legal Research Skills
- Students will learn about Primary and Secondary Authority
- Students will learn Legal Research Terminology
- Students will learn how to independently complete the Legal Research Process
This course will expand your legal research capabilities and teach you the ins and outs of computer-assisted legal research. Students, Attorneys, and Paralegals often perform case analysis, research various legal topics, draft legal documents, and use public records and news sources to compile information. You will will gain a solid foundation in the principles and practice of Legal Research and be able to complete legal research tasks on your own after completing this course. This course also offers information on the proper citation of specific legal authorities.
Who this course is for:
- Law Students
- Legal Practicioners
- Students interested in Legal Research Skills
Austin C. Megli is an attorney licensed to practice law in New Mexico. He received an Honors Designation in Interdisciplinary Studies from the University of New Mexico Honors College. He also obtained a J.D./M.B.A from the University of New Mexico School of Law. He has taught for numerous years online in higher education and he has worked for private industry as in-house counsel and represented clients in various business matters.