'The keyboard' is a versatile instrument. It has its application in various aspects of music such as Live shows, recording studios, music composition, instrument arrangement for movies, albums, and singles across different genres around the world. One of the prominent and widely spread music genres is Indian Classical Music.
Application of this western instrument in Indian Music has always been challenging and Interesting.
I have been a full-time musician for over one and a half decades now. I am now happy to share my knowledge about playing Indian classical Music on this wonderful instrument - the keyboard.
There are various methods to learn the keyboard, but with my experience, I have found the comfortable method this way.
In this course, I will be covering the following aspects
1. Introduction to the course
2. Introduction to Indian Classical Music - Few Basic terminologies, Notation, Keyboard Layout, and concept of Raga.
3. Single Note Exercises - Exhaustive yet simple exercises for fingers and preparing for rhythm sense.
4. Double Note Exercises - One step previous to songs, these are linking exercises from Basic Single Note Exercises to Songs
5. First three songs - Indian National Anthem, Vande Mataram, and Saare Jahan Se Achcha
Few other lessons that are planned include the concept of chords applied to Indian Music, Tutorials for songs, accompanying techniques, etc.