Learn Jira 7: Step-By-Step Tutorial: 2-in-1
What you'll learn
- Understand Jira’s data hierarchy and how to design and work with projects in Jira
- Use Jira for agile software projects, business process management, customer service support, and more
- Create and design your own screens and apply them to different project and issue types
- Use Jira to deal with real business cases
- Integrate user directories in Jira
- Configure an existing project and convert it to another type
- No prior knowledge of Jira is required.
Jira software is an agile project management tool that supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, Kanban, or your own unique flavor. From agile boards to reports, you can plan, track, and manage all your agile software development projects from a single tool. Jira software brings the power of agile methodology to Atlassian Jira.
This comprehensive 2-in-1 course aims at exploring Jira incisively. It will guide you through all the aspects so that you get well-versed with it. You will learn how to create new projects, manage issues, search and report. You will learn about 3 flavors of Jira - Jira Core, Jira Software and Jira Service Desk. Each section briefly establishes theoretical basis for the topic under discussion and then cement your understanding with practical use cases.
This training program includes 2 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
The first course, Jira 7 Essentials, begins with an introduction to Jira so you can use it effectively. You will then install Jira to explore its various features. You will also learn how to create a new project, manage, search, and report issues in Jira. Next, you will learn the three flavors of Jira which are Jira Core, Jira Software, and Jira Service Desk in detail and specific scenarios for each one of them will be developed. Finally, you will configure a sample portfolio app in Jira.
The second course, JIRA Administration - Getting Started with JIRA, starts off with setting up Jira's look and feel to meet your corporate style. You will then learn how to configure default languages settings, dashboards, project navigation, and everything else to make your users comfortable working with Jira. You will also learn Jira instruments to manage users such as creating new users, assigning users to a group, and automatically assigning project roles to users of a group. Next, you will learn to add and configure a project. You will gain an understanding of different schemes used in Jira for project configuration. Finally, you will be familiar with versions and components of the project that help you with project management.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will be a confident Jira user who'll be able to administer, customize, and extend Jira 7 implementation for your projects and day-to-day tasks.
Meet Your Expert(s):
We have the best work of the following esteemed author(s) to ensure that your learning journey is smooth:
- Ravi Sagar is an Atlassian Consultant and Drupal expert with several years of experience in web development and business analysis. He has done extensive work implementing and customizing big Jira instances for project tracking, test management, support tickets, and agile tracking. He founded Sparxsys Solutions Pvt. Ltd. in 2010. It is a company that provides consultancy and training services on Atlassian tools and Drupal. He has a keen interest in building accessible websites adhering to WCAG guidelines. Ravi's areas of interest include project management and agile methodologies.
- IevStrygula software engineer who specializes in the full stack of Atlassian products. He is certified by Atlassian in Jira software and Jira administration. He has more than 4 years of experience and is presently working on iDalko.
Who this course is for:
- This Learning Path will be especially useful for project managers but it's also intended for other Jira users, including developers, and any other industry besides software development, who would like to leverage Jira’s powerful task management and workflow features to better manage their business processes.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.