- This course will be very fast paced if you're a complete newcomer to programming. Be advised.
Here's how the course journey will go:
First: the Basics. You'll ramp on the console, syntax, objects, and other language fundamentals.
Second: Functions. There are a few ways to create functions. So you'll explore those differences, and important concepts like the `this` keyword.
Third: Types - Digging Deeper. There are some big questions about types: what is type coercion? How are truthy and falsy different? What is null vs. undefined? In this section, you'll cover those questions and more.
- Course Repository
- Preview | The Basics
- The Console, Operators, and Variables
- Booleans and Conditionals
- Syntax - Semicolons and Comments
- Undefined and Primitives
- Loops and Iteration
- Quiz | The Basics
- Summary | The Basics
- Preview | Functions
- Functions - Declarations vs. Expressions
- Arrow Functions
- Methods and the `this` Keyword
- More on `this` and Function Expressions vs. Arrow functions
- Interview Question | The `this` Keyword
- Interview Question | Callbacks
- Quiz | Functions
- Summary | Functions
- Preview | Types - Digging Deeper
- A Dynamic Language and Types
- Almost Everything is an Object
- Equality and Type Coercion
- Truthy and Falsy
- Null vs. Undefined
- Explicit Type Conversion
- Quiz | Types - Digging Deeper
- Summary | Types - Digging Deeper
- Bonus Lecture: The Full Bootcamp
David is a software engineer at Zendesk, with a Bachelor of Computer Science from the University of San Francisco.
David has gained valuable experience from the tech industry. By incorporating the best practices he has learned at work, he hopes to create the highest quality learning experiences possible.
Feel free to connect with David! He is always curious about the cool project you're working on. And he loves to discuss ideas on how to build impactful technology.