Learn Japanese For Beginners: Complete Hiragana and Katakana
What you'll learn
- 102 new vocabulary words in Hiragana and Katakana;
- The purpose of Hiragana and Katakana;
- How Hiragana looks and functions;
- How to read and write Hiragana syllables;
- Differences between similar Hiragana characters;
- Hiragana diacritical marks;
- Hiragana contracted sounds;
- Hiragana double consonants;
- Hiragana prolonged vowels;
- How to read and write Katakana syllables;
- Differences between similar katakana characters;
- Katakana diacritical marks;
- Katakana contracted sounds;
- Katakana double consonants;
- Katakana prolonged vowels;
- To write the characters of Hiragana and Katakana in a beautiful way.
- No prior Japanese knowledge required!
- Eagerness to learn!
- Just a notebook and a pen or pencil (whatever you prefer)!
- Download the PDF for useful vocabulary (to expand your vocabulary knowledge)!
皆さん日本語コースへようこそ! Welcome to this Japanese course!
Let us be your guides in your Japanese learning journey with this Complete Hiragana and
Katakana course. I know that learning a new language from scratch can be overwhelming, but
fear not! We tried to create a course that would be short, simple, and straight forward. This
course does not require any prior experience, all you need is an eagerness to learn!
Your course instructor has more than 8 years of experience of studying about Japan and
Japanese language. She has lived, worked, and studied in Japan, where she learned more
about the nuanced details of the language. She has also been teaching languages for over six
years, and Japanese for over three years. So you’re in good hands!
Let’s take our first step and learn Hiragana and Katakana together.
In this course you will learn:
What is the purpose of Hiragana and Katakana;
How Hiragana looks and functions;
How to read and write Hiragana syllables;
Hiragana diacritical marks;
Hiragana contracted sounds;
Hiragana double consonants;
Hiragana prolonged vowels;
Differences between similar hiragana characters;
How to read and write Katakana syllables;
Katakana diacritical marks;
Katakana contracted sounds;
Katakana double consonants;
Katakana prolonged vowels;
Differences between similar katakana characters;
102 new vocabulary words in Hiragana and Katakana;
To write the characters of Hiragana and Katakana in a beautiful way.
At the end of the course you will be able to write down any Japanese word in Hiragana and
Katakana. And you’ll be well on your way to learning Japanese words, grammar, and kanji!
Your course project is to look at the vocabulary list provided in this course, and choose 10 words
to write down in Hiragana and Katakana. If you’re very motivated - try to write down all of them.
In this way you will not only practice writing, but will also expand your vocabulary.
Are you ready? Let’s get started! :-)
Who this course is for:
- Beginner learners who want to study how to read and write in Japanese;
- Beginner learners who want to go to study, work or travel in Japan;
- Beginner learners who are passionate about Japanese popular or traditional culture;
- A learner who needs a refresher on how to write in Japanese!
- A learned that has a desire to learn Japanese in an efficient and fun way!
Jason and Rosita are partners and content creators with a passion for education. We aim to create high-quality courses that offer a range of skills for people all around the world. Our courses use real world examples, practical exercises and simple teaching methods intended to give you a head start in today’s rapidly changing and competitive marketplaces. What we really care about is health, wellness, personal growth, education and culture.