Rapid Prototyping with Ionic: Build a Data-Driven Mobile App
- Highly recommended to commit fully to completing 100% of the course — this is an information-dense course and you may need to pause and rewind often in order to catch everything as you code simultaneously.
- Highly recommended to commit to putting in extra effort to research and find explanations of programming concepts, which you don't fully understand throughout the course.
- Highly, highly recommended to use a Mac throughout the course. Using Windows or any other OS will be fine, but there are no instructions specific to those operating systems. All of the course material is designed for Mac.
Learn how to build an app that's featured on Ionic's Showcase!
Rapid Prototyping with Ionic: Build a Data-Driven Mobile App —
Content and Overview:
Take advantage of the advancement of web technologies and build a mobile application that's rich with functionality yet simple to understand.
You will be provided with how-to videos and text material, guiding you through the process of creating a hybrid native mobile application for iOS (easily adjusted for Android too!) with coding techniques that anyone with any experience making websites can master.
What you'll get from this course:
• Valuable lectures and hours of coding tutorials
• A full mobile application with source code to use at your discretion
• Cutting edge and highly marketable programming skills
• Increased confidence in your ability to make applications on your own
• Gateway into the billion dollar mobile apps industry
The value of this course:
Mobile app development skills link you to a billion dollar market. This course leaves you ready to create high quality applications whether you are a programming veteran or just getting into web development.
Course structure and teaching style:
You will be taken through every step of setting up your development tools, being introduced to the coding languages to be used, and taken through the development phases of a functional mobile application, as I explain every aspect in a conversational and contextual manner without skipping a single line of code, resulting in a complete, full featured stock market app.
Like all Udemy courses, the course itself is broken up into sections and lectures. The sections represent broad, headline subjects. Under each section, you'll find multiple lectures: this is the meat of the course. You'll see that lectures can come in various formats — screen recordings, presentations and talking head style videos, and text.
Who this course is for:
- (1C) Beginner web developers and designers who learn at a fast pace and wish to expand their knowledge base by building and styling a simple, yet powerful and performant hybrid mobile app from the ground up;
- Especially (1E) Tech-savvy or fast-learning entrepreneurs who need to build their own MVP mobile app at a fast pace, but don't have native programming skills, as well as (1F) anyone, with any programming background, just getting started with AngularJS and/or Ionic development who hasn't totally grasped either framework — you will build a full Ionic app from start to finish, resulting in a foundational code base, which you have written yourself, that you will be able to study, use, and improve upon in the future.
- This course is not for anyone who has never worked hands on with HTML, CSS or any other functional coding languages.
- 05:51Why This Course? Why Now?
- 05:12What is Ionic?
- 03:57What is AngularJS?
- 03:31What are Cordova, Node.js, Gulp, Sass, and Bower?
- 02:02Firebase Realtime Databases
- 04:51Goals, Structure, and Prerequisites Deep Dive
Innovation defines my thought process. I am a creative thinker with the habits of a true businessman and entrepreneur. Everything is art — whether I am creating beautiful user interfaces, structuring projects and spreadsheets, or making the best PB&J possible. I believe that personal artistic expression breathes life into everything we do, but that it must also serve a purpose.
As an entrepreneur, my motto is “Always think big, and then start small." My goal as a professional is to help others achieve their dreams by doing exactly that. With this in mind, I have merged my love of developing mobile apps and websites with teaching others how to develop their dreams step by step.
Most recently, I founded LX Labs — an idea development and project management company focused on helping aspiring entrepreneurs turn their dreams into reality. In an industry where everything is constantly evolving, the Ionic framework is the perfect tool for rapid prototyping mobile apps — a necessity in idea development. Our goal at LX Labs is to help those who don't know where to get started by showing them how to start small and work their way towards their goal.
As a businessman and project manager, I strive to combine my personal interests and hobbies with my career path. I believe that doing so is what makes you a successful entrepreneur. In addition to teaching and working with entrepreneurs, I develop and publish apps and websites, allowing me to explore my passion for web and tech development.
Some of my recent projects include:
stockMarketApp — Built from the ground up using Ionic and AngularJS, this app allows you to search and follow stocks, get key market data, and more.
Such link. wow. — A doge themed URL shortener that has served over 400,000 clicks and shortened over 20,000 URLs since its launch in May.
partycircles | Music Visualizer App — This app was developed as a personal project to deliver on an idea that I had in college. As you play music, colorful shapes appear and react to the audio data. You can choose from a selection of scenes and adjust the trigger threshold to customize how each scene reacts to the audio.
Deriving from the code base of partycircles, I developed iOS Music Library Access, a program which allows Unity3d developers to give users access to and play music from their device's music library.
Learning, developing, and communication are my true passions. I am a DIY master, always eager to create innovative and useful products while adding to my skillset. I may dream big but I always start small, working to make my visions a reality.