Learn Incoterms® 2020 - Includes Case Studies
What you'll learn
- Learn what the Incoterms ® 2020 are and what they are used for.
- Learn how different teams in a company directly and indirectly interact with Incoterms ® 2020
- Understand why Incoterms is important for Tax & Finance
- Learn how to choose the right Incoterm for your business needs
- Important of aligning Incoterms on Customs documentation
- Understand the challenges with cost allocation in Incoterms and how to overcome them
- Understand how to start a discussion about Incoterms with suppliers and customers
- Explore case studies that illustrate the importance of applying Incoterms correctly
- No prior experience is required.
This course will introduce the Incoterms® 2020 and take you on a learning journey that goes well beyond the fundamentals. In addition to the basics of the Incoterms, we will explore how the terms should be correctly applied and why they can affect almost the entire organization and not just a handful of teams or individuals.
We will learn through crisp and concise lectures that include useful anecdotes, mini-quizzes and short case studies.
After you complete this course, you will be able to engage with various stakeholders both within the organization and outside the organization on topics such as:
How the Incoterms should be used
What the Incoterms do
What the Incoterms do NOT do
Roles, responsibilities, and liabilities between buyers & sellers
Allocation of costs between buyers & sellers
Transfer of risk for any shipment from the buyer to seller
Customs value and its relevance to the Incoterms
The suitability of specific Incoterms for specific modes of transport
Many other concepts that make your understanding of the Incoterms holistic
The course is designed to give you the edge you need to apply the Incoterms in real life!
Topics will be broken up into bite-sized chunks that have been made easy to understand. You are free to complete the course at whatever pace is comfortable for you.
With the understanding that you will gain in this course, you will be able to confidently navigate the various sources of information online and answers to any specific question you may have about Incoterms in the future.
The course is delivered primarily through presentation decks with abundant diagrams used to visually represent ideas and concepts, in order to keep things interesting for the learner.
Who this course is for:
- Employees in companies that do importation and exportation in the course of business
- Anyone interested to learn more about international trade
- Anyone interested in learning to write better sales agreements and contracts especially when dealing with cross border movement
I am a supply chain professional leading a team of experts who each have subject domain expertise in various areas of interest such as Finance, Transfer Pricing, Incoterms, HS Classification, Free Trade Agreements, and Customs procedures.
We passionately believe that the world of supply chain and logistics can only develop to its fullest potential when there is widespread knowledge and understanding of supply chain and trade compliance concepts.
Undoubtedly, a strong understanding of logistics, supply chains & trade compliance throughout an organization can have a strong positive effect on the bottom line.
My team & I are extremely grateful for this opportunity to share what we know with learners looking to enter the exciting world of cross-border logistics and international trade.