Learn HTML in a Weekend
What you'll learn
- HTML and CSS the foundational technologies of web development
- Basic and intermediate HTML, as well as advanced topics
- Laying out web pages with HTML and the Flex and Grid CSS layout systems
- HTML troubleshooting skills to save hours of frustration
- Display text, images, data, and more in HTML pages
- Display data in tables, lists, forms, organized effectively in HTML pages
- HTML5 concepts
- No programming experience needed - I'll teach you everything you need to know
- A Mac or PC computer with access to the internet
- Entire course uses free software, nothing additional to buy
- I guide you on how to set up your development environment
- I teach you how to use your development tools effectively
HTML is the foundation technology of web development, and it is easy to learn. This course guides you in learning HTML quickly and effectively, using practical exercises ensuring you learn quickly and retain what you learn.
Full-code answers and helpful support are available along the way ensuring your success.
Master Strong Foundation Web Developer Skills
The key to success as a web developer is deep learning and becoming productive through fluency. In this course you will quickly master these key topics:
HTML - what it is and how it is used in web development
HTML tags and attributes
Essential HTML troubleshooting skills (saves you hours of frustration)
Display text, images, data and more in HTML pages
Build HTML forms to gather user data
Web page layout using Flex and Grid layout systems, for effective HTML websites
Visual Studio Code tutorial, for effective development with HTML
Debugging tools tutorial, to troubleshoot HTML
HTML, tags, attributes, elements
Structure of HTML pages
DOM (Document Object Model) representing HTML documents
Web servers and the backend, that support your HTML pages
Heading, paragraph, image, list, link tags and more HTML features
Semantic HTML tags for accessibility
HTML tables and forms to display and gather data
Course Content Overview
This HTML course is suitable for beginning web developers with little or no experience in HTML, and also for experienced web developers who want to deepen their understanding of HTML.
The early course sections present HTML basics, with an emphasis on practice using HTML, to build a strong foundation from the start.
Along the way, HTML troubleshooting strategies are presented, saving you hours of frustration when things don't work and you need to figure out why, to move forward.
Who will benefit from this course:
Persons who want to start a career in web development
Persons desiring to level-up their web development skills
Persons who want to add a new skill making them more attractive job candidates
Persons who want to build a website for their business, school, or club
Who this course is for:
- Persons new to HTML and web development
- Persons desiring to become web developers
- Persons wanting to level-up their web development skills
- Persons curious about what is involved in creating a web site
After 23 years in Silicon Valley, working in startups and enterprise software companies, I recently drove cross-country to return to my home state of Massachusetts!
Currently I am working remotely for a company with its headquarters in California.
I've been mentoring and teaching my entire career, and Udemy is an amazing platform for me to share my expertise. I really enjoy creating great courses, and helping my students achieve their goals and dreams.
Thank you for including me on your journey to jumpstart your technical expertise!