Learn HTML and CSS together for Beginners
- Basic computer skills
- Internet Access
Learn about HTML and CSS and how they are used to create websites.
HTML and CSS are 2 of the 3 main building blocks of websites on the internet today. The internet uses HTML & CSS as a set of instructions that can be then be used by browsers to render out the intended webpage. HTML is fun to write and easy to get started with. If you have ever considered creating your own website and wondered where to get started this is the course for you.
HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is the most basic building block of the Web. It describes and defines the content of a webpage. Explore HTML, how it works and how browsers use it to build webpages. HTML is created by web developers who use it to build websites. Learn how to create your own HTML boilerplate templates, that can be used and reused to make webpages. Explore HTML markup, creating headings, paragraphs, and more. See the different tags and what they do. Learn about grouping elements and how that is the first step to prepare to add styling.
CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) are a stylesheet language used to describe the presentation of a document written in HTML. Its how your page looks, how your HTML elements can be designed to have colors, positions on the page, different dimensions, and more. Explore how to add color and background options to HTML elements. Find out about the Box model and how it is used to add more display properties to HTML elements.
Putting HTML and CSS together to create webpages. We cover how to build a website from scratch.
- Hyperlinks how they work
- Adding images to webpages
- creating a navbar using CSS
- HTML tables
- HTML forms and creating a contact form for your website
- HTML structure and building your page
- Tweaking and updating your website
- Adding Google Fonts
Experienced instructor - creating websites since 1999!
Learn to create a website from scratch, I'm here to help and ready to answer any questions you may have. Take the first step and learn to create your own website today.
- Anyone who wants to learn about HTML and CSS
- Anyone who wants to create websites
- Students who are new to web development
- HTML and CSS introduction06:15
- Introduction to HTML508:05
- Getting started with HTML11:30
- Create an HTML template10:21
- How to write HTML code05:59
- Headings and HTML structure12:18
- Paragraphs and simple Markup03:28
- Markup in HTML11:25
- Source Code00:23
- Content Grouping div and span03:21
- What is CSS and how it works within HTML04:44
- Classes and ids within elements05:48
- Colors in CSS HEX RGB named colors07:46
- Source Code00:29
- CSS background properties08:51
- Source Code00:06
- CSS height and Width05:30
- CSS borders07:52
- Source Code CSS borders00:05
- CSS margin06:00
- Source Code00:06
- CSS Box Model Padding03:32
- Hyperlinks in HTML07:45
- Source Code00:25
- CSS link Styling05:12
- Source Code00:35
- Adding images to HTML05:37
- Ordered lists and Unordered lists HTML08:05
- Source Code lists00:04
- Exercise turn list into navbar10:38
- Source Code00:42
- HTML Tables Styling08:05
- Table source code00:12
- HTML forms types10:45
- HTML form building03:37
- Form options00:19
- Creating a contact form12:18
- Source Code Contact Form00:22
- HTML5 Structure building05:47
- HTML iframes06:27
- Style HTML5 semanic elements into a website11:17
- Update Tweak website08:21
- Website Source Code02:12
- Google Fonts02:21
- Resources and Links00:01
- Bonus Lecture01:13
I'm here to help you learn, achieve your dreams, come join me on this amazing adventure today
Google Developers Expert - GSuite
Providing Web development courses and digital marketing strategy courses since 2002.
Innovative technology expert with a wide range of real world experience. Providing Smart digital solutions online for both small and enterprise level businesses.
"I have a passion for anything digital technology related, enjoy programming and the challenge of developing successful digital experiences. As an experienced developer, I created my first computer applications in 1990, and my first website in 1998. I enjoy sharing my knowledge with others and want to help you share in the wonderful opportunities that the internet provides."
"Learning, understanding with a strong passion for education. The internet has provided us with new opportunities to expand and share knowledge."
Want to learn more about becoming a web developer, do you want to experience the freedom that technology provides for us? Learn how to bring amazing things to life online. Technology connects us all in many ways. It opens up doors to those who embrace it and learn how to make those connections real.
"My courses are designed to help you achieve your goals, learn and update skills"
"Understanding technology provides a means to better connect with users. It also opens so many doors. Knowledge is the key to success and I want to help you experience what technology has to offer. I'm passionate about web technologies, and look forward to sharing my knowledge and experience with you!"