- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand how to read pitch on both the treble and bass clefs.
- Understand how to read and play simple to intermediate rhythms including dotted notes, triplets, and syncopation.
- Understand and use key signatures.
- Understand how to identify and read time signatures, including odd time signatures.
- Site read intermediate level rhythms.
- In general, students at the end of this course will be able to look at and decipher a piece of music. This class is the very important first step to understanding music fundamentals - the building blocks of music.
- In a perfect world, students should have access to a keyboard, piano, or keyboard app on their computer or phone. It is possible to use another instrument for reference, but a keyboard (even a phone app keyboard) is preferable because all the notes on a keyboard are laid out sequentially.
⇉ Watch the promo video to see How You Can Learn How To Read Music From Scratch!
⇉ Join Over 275,000+ Students Who Have Enrolled In My Udemy Courses This Year!
⇉ 7,500+ Five Star Reviews on our courses prove Students Who Enrolling Are Getting Real Results!
Then this course is for you! Click "Take This Course Now" For Instant Life-Time Access!
Hi, My name is Joe Parys and Together working with Matt Carano of The Music Class, we will take your music reading and writing knowledge and understanding to a whole new level though a series of video tutorial lectures and quizzes. In this course you will learn to:
- Identify and write notes on the treble and bass clef.
- Identify and understand key signatures.
- Identify and understand simple, compound, and odd time signatures.
- Read and write dotted rhythms and triplets.
- Site read rhythms.
- Read and write syncopation.
- And more!
Being a musician is more than just playing an instrument or singing. It's about understanding music fundamentals like music reading and writing. Knowing music fundamentals gives you the ability to understand the music you hear, and communicate the songs in your head. This makes you a better singer, player, and bandmate.
With the right mindset, understanding, and application of the teachings in this course, you will instantly begin to move towards understanding and learning how to read and write music!
When I learn something new about the topics covered in this course, I add it to the course - at no additional cost to you! This is a course that will continue to add value to you as a musician or music lover.
In addition to the Udemy 30-day money back guarantee, you have my personal guarantee that you will love what you learn in this course.
What I can't do in this Course..
I can't guarantee your success – this course does take work on your part. But You Can Do It!
I am also not responsible for your actions. You are responsible for 100% of the decisions and actions you make while using this course.
This course will not remain this price forever! It's time to take action!
Click the "take this course" button at the top right now!
...every hour you delay is costing you money...
See you in the course!
Matt Carano & Joe Parys
- Any person over the age of 10 who wants to learn how to read music, whether they have any experience in music or not.
- This course will benefit both vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Students who already know how to read music will most likely not benefit from this course.
Learn To Read Music, From Beginner To Intermediate! This course is split into two sections.
In section 1, you’ll learn about pitch, and how to identify notes on both the treble and bass staves – and you’ll learn what those are too!
In section 2, you’ll learn to become a rhythm ninja. Learning rhythms is a bit more complicated than pitch because there are a lot of options. That’s why the bulk of this course will be spent on them. It may be complicated but don’t fret! (especially if you’re a guitar player) We’ll break it down into manageable chunks, so you’ll be able to assimilate the information with ease.
Download this staff paper to doodle on!