Learn How To Play The Drum Set: Masterful Drumming Volume 1
What you'll learn
- Students will have a solid understanding of how to play the drum set!
- Improve you self confidence, and learn to express yourself on the drum set!
- This course will help develop sight reading skills by working through the basic note values like quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes and eighth note triplets.
- This course will help drummers develop their independence and co-ordination on the drum set.
- Have fun learning to play the drum set!
- You will need a drum set to practice with. You can purchase or rent a set from your local music store.
- Bring your desire, energy and enthusiasm for the drums!
Learn How To Play The Drum Set: Masterful Drumming Volume One is a video course based on the drum set method book Masterful Drumming Volume One. This video course will help drummers develop their co-ordination and independence on the drum set. Volume One is designed for beginner to intermediate level players. The video will help develop sight reading skills by working through the basic note values like quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes and eighth note triplets. The video features a section on drum fills that will really help a student get around the drum set. An ebook of Masterful Drumming Volume One is included in the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed to take a beginning student up to an intermediate level on the drum set.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to play the drum set!
- This course is not for advanced drummers or students who wish to study snare drum rudiments!
Larry Crowe was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He has been playing the drums since the age of thirteen. He has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in music from York University, Toronto, Canada. In 1983 he received a grant from the Canada Council to study at the Banff School of Fine Arts. Larry has performed in Canada, the United States, Europe, Central America, the Caribbean, and throughout Asia. He has performed and recorded in many musical settings and with various artists like Grammy Award winner Patti Austin (R&B/Jazz), Grammy Nominated Ron Korb (World Music), Juno Award winner Robert Michaels (Latin Jazz), Jim McCarty (Yardbirds, Renaissance), Jesse Gress (Todd Rundgren, Tony Levin Band), John Hawken (Renaissance, The Strawbs) and Hilario Duran (Latin Jazz). He has also performed with musical theatre shows like "On The Eighth Day" and "Menopause Out Loud". As a composer and songwriter, Larry has produced and written music for singers and bands in the popular music field. As well as, instrumental pieces for media, advertising and children's music. As an educator, Larry has been teaching drums for over twenty years in the Toronto area and is the author of the drum set method books Masterful Drumming Volume 1 and 2. He also maintains a busy schedule performing, teaching and conducting workshops and clinics.