Master strong colors, curves, shape & shadow in 5 EASY STEPS
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 18 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Complete this watercolour picture in FIVE easy stages
- Learn to plan an order of working
- Learn how to get the most from your brushes
- Learn about color values in watercolor
- Learn how to lay a WASH
- Paint a simple WOOD GRAIN effect
- Learn how to use masking fluid/latex
- Get some great tips on COMPOSITION
- Learn how to create HIGHLIGHTS
- How to create realistic SHADOWS
- Learn how to MIX COLORS
- Have fun while you learn to paint in watercolour
- Watercolor paints
- Watercolor paper
- Two watercolour paint brushes, large and small. Details within the course
- Mixing palette or plate
- Masking fluid/latex
- Absorbent kitchen paper and two jam jars for water.
- Enthusiasm for being creative
An extra lecture has been added in response to a student's question.
This is a 'learn as you paint' workshop. In other words you will be learning how to paint with water colors as you actually paint a picture. Complete this bright and juicy picture of the strawberries on a plate and improve on you existing skills and learn others..
Follow each VIDEO DEMONSTRATION for the techniques to complete the painting. Relax and enjoy painting as and when it suits you and at your own pace, and see how well one of my students got on with the same picture at the end.
At anytime you can post questions for any advice and also for feedback on your finished painting.
There are also plenty additional notes, professional tips, and extra tuition notes which you can download to build you own 'theory' folder'.
Why choose one of my courses?
Because, as a self taught artist I understand how a lot of people feel about their creative work, sometimes anxious, sometimes overwhelmed and often that it's not 'good enough'. I will hold your hand as you overcome these fears as I offer a friendly, relaxed and sensitive teaching style.
I also have years of experience of teaching people of all levels both in person and via the internet.
Do one of my courses and you will feel as if I am in the room with you every step of the way.
Enjoy your painting, love Nicola
- Perfect for someone who paints in another media and wants to try watercolors.
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn more about how to use watercolor paints
- Perfect for anyone who is uncertain about planning a painting in watercolour.
- This will help those with shading and using strong colours
- Great for a beginners to spread their wings
This will save you time and frustration, just to understand how this platform works.
If you haven't already got you brushes and paints.
Where to get your materials and equipment.
my checking if you have a shop near you which supplies artist
materials. Begin with your telephone directory. If getting to a
supplier is difficult there are plenty of companies who have a
presence on the internet and will ship in your own country or
are three examples. If you know of another good resource please let
me know and I will add it to the list in order to help other
everything 'arty' based in the UK but they ship all over. I use them
even in France:
For those of you in the USA and Australia I understand these are good resources too.:
Learn about one of the most used techniques in watercolor painting.
This is a new and more detailed video to demonstrate how you can paint a wood grain effect, easily, letting the brush and the paint do the work.
I have added this BONUS LECTURE to help you progress with all the skills we have covered with this workshop.
You will learn more about creating texture with paint, colour mixing and brush techniques. So enjoy painting it and do post the result for us all to enjoy.
Just for you.... a few extra links for you for other sites you may find useful.
Have Fun, love Nicola