Learn How to Create Cushions & Grow a Sewing Business
What you'll learn
- Learn how to make a scatter cushion from scratch
- Understand how to add piping to a cushion cover
- Confidently attach a zip to a cushion
- Layout, cut and prepar fabric, and piping accurately to create the perfect cushion
- Confidently machine stitch everything together to create a professional cushion
- Increase your earnings by making & selling top quality cushions
- Students will require access to and be able to use a basic sewing machine.
Thank you so much for taking a look at my course. I am delighted to have you here.
Learn from an expert
With handy hints, and tricks of the trade this is a must do course for anyone who wants to produce top quality cushions. 10 easy to follow videos will guide you through the entire process. The step-by-step approach means that by the end of this course you will be confident you can select and prepare fabrics, prepare piping and stitch everything together to produce a top quality cushion at a fraction of the retail price.
Earn while you learn
If you've ever bought cushions then you'll know how expensive they can be - even for a relatively small one. If you're looking to save money, or even make money, by making you're own top quality cushions, then this course will show you how.
10 clear instructional videos will guide you through each step of the process in detail, explaining the tools and component parts required for each step. You will learn how to measure and cut fabric and piping and how to join them together. You will learn how to insert the zip and join everything together the professional way to make a beautiful cushion. Go from enthusiastic amateur to professional cushion maker. This course will teach you everything you need to know.
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at anyone with basic sewing machine skills looking to earn extra money by making top quality cushions. Ideally you will have an interest in soft furnishings, looking to make money producing top end cushions at a fraction of the retail price.
Interior Designer (Linda Turner Interiors)
As a specialist Interior Designer I have been delivering a personalised service direct to my clients in their own homes for over 20 years. I am passionate about understanding my clients requirements and spend time in getting to know them and their lifestyle requirements.
I first started over 30 years ago as a seamstress making children's clothes. During that time I learnt about fabrics as well as different sewing and machine skills required in the industry.
I developed a flair for interior design through my experience in designing and making curtains and soft furnishings for numerous properties. I love working with fabrics and coordinating colours schemes to help create a look and style my clients desire. My work includes project management of interior design schemes from bathrooms to bedrooms and from cushions to upholstery.
I have gained an in depth knowledge of different fabrics and how best to use them. The do's and don'ts when it comes to making curtains and blinds and tips and tricks to help along the way.
I have been running my own successful Interior Design business for over 20 years and during that time have built up knowledge and experience of the soft furnishing industry.