Professional Indian Head Massage Course - Online
What you'll learn
- Health, Safety & Hygiene
- Client Consultation
- Treatment area and equipment
- Indian Head Massage
- None required
This course will teach you how to carry out a full Indian Head massage routine. Hygiene in the work area is incredibly important. It gives your clients the trust in you that they are in safe hands, with someone who cares about their standard of work. It is very important as it will limit or remove the spreading of infections and prevent contamination. You will learn all about health, safety and hygiene aswell as client consultation, preparation of the client and work area and also learn about contraindications to treatments and aftercare.
This massage is also known as champissage in India, (‘champi’ in hindi means ‘shampoo’) and is of Hindu origin and is a practice which derived from over a thousand years ago.
It was brought over to the UK by Narendra Metha, who was a blind man and he developed and formalised Indian Head Massage into an actual therapy. He arrived in England in the 1970’s where he trained as a physiotherapist. In 1978, he returned to India to study the practice and benefits of champi. Metha then went on to include the massage of the neck, shoulders and face into the massage and used the modern knowledge of shiatsu and acupressure to relax tense areas, rebalance the energy and clear any areas of concentrated negativity.
Indian Head Massage is a traditional treatment which relieves tension, headaches and stress with the massage of the face, neck, scalp and shoulders. The massage is carried out whilst seated upright and the client can remain fully clothed.
In order to perform this massage or any massage, it is important to have a good grasp of anatomy and physiology so that you can understand the effects of the massage on the body systems and this knowledge can be imparted to your client.
-Balances Chakra energy
-Releases stagnant energy
-Provides a general feeling of wellbeing
-Provides a sense of calmness, peace and tranquillity
-Clears the perspectives
-Loosens the scalp
-Relaxes the body
-Increases oxygen uptake into the tissues
-stimulates and improves circulation of the lymphatic system, allowing the disposal of waste products
You will have:
· Access a fully comprehensive course of study
· Build your knowledge and confidence
· Support your professional development and personal growth
· Great for health and wellbeing and share with loved ones
· Learn about joining a professional membership body, insurance and legal requirements
· Background to massage
· Heath, Safety and Hygiene
· Client Consultation
· Treatment area set up
· Providing treatment
· Students will receive a Udemy course certificate of completion
Why take this course:
· Learn from a UK based therapist with 30 years experience
· Access to support through the Q&A platform
· This course is comprehensive and includes demonstration videos
· This course can help supplement other learning in massage and beauty
· Achieve a Professional Diploma that can lead to professional membership and public liaiblity insurance that allows you to receive paying clients. (This is applicable in the UK, students outside of the UK will need to contact local councils/ bodies to enquire about the eligibility of this course in their area)
This course includes
· Demonstration video
· Downloadable resources
· Full lifetime access
· Access on mobile devices
· Udemy Certificate of Completion
**You can also upgrae this course to ABT and IPHM certification at an additional cost**
Who this course is for:
- Those wanting to learn how to do an Indian Head Massage
- Students who want to obtain public liability insurance to practice as a professional therapist
- Students who want to obtain a recognised UK diploma and want to access professional membership to professonal bodies
- Complete beginners
- Those with an interest in natural, holistic therapies to help support health, well-being and balance in life.
- Those who want a London/ UK based certificate
I have been in this industry for nearly 30 years and been training for the last 14 years. I have a passion for teaching and have my own training academies in the UK. I have experience across the holistic, massage, beauty, nails and aesthetics sectors of the industry and love to learn!