Learn How to File Taxes for Uber and Lyft Drivers
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 19 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- file taxes on your Uber, Lyft and Sidecar Income
- understand how to deduct your vehicle expenses
- Know which deductions drivers can take on their taxes
- calculate their quarterly taxes
- pay your quarterly estimated taxes
- TurboTax Home and Business
- 1099s from Uber, Lyft or Sidecar
- Tax Summary from Uber
- Yearly Stats from Lyft
- Income information from Sidecar
- W2 or any other applicable Income Statements
Taxes for Uber, Lyft, and Sidecar drivers are handled differently than what most full time workers are used to. Since we are now considered self employed contractors, we are now responsible for own taxes, including payroll deductions for Social Security and Medicare.
This course has many tips on taxes and goes over one of the most common tax deduction, which is mileage. It also covers instances where you want to deduct expenses, but its not recommended unless your car's depreciation is high or have more than 4 vehicles in your fleet. For most drivers, deducting your mileage on your vehicle with the proper records is the easiest way to reduce your tax liability.
Also included in this course is a detailed video on how to file your taxes with Turbotax Home and Business!
Here is the list of items it covers:
- Do Lyft and Uber Drivers Pay Taxes?
- What about Quarterly Estimated Taxes?
- Introduction to Rideshare Taxes
- Tax Deductions and Calculations for Rideshare Drivers
- The 1099 Form
- Taxes: The Schedule C
- Taxes: IRS 1040-ES
- The Schedule SE
- Deduct Mileage, Lease Payments or Car Expenses?
- Section 179 Deduction For Expense-Based Calculations
- The Best Kept Secret in Rideshare Taxes
- How to File your Taxes with Turbotax Home and Business (Video Walkthrough)
- Any rideshare drivers who plan on filing their own taxes
- Any rideshare drivers who need help with their taxes
TurboTax Home and Business - Getting Started with a new return and adding your income from W2
TurboTax Home and Business - Personal Deductions, Health Insurance, Other Taxes Situations, and a quick check by TurboTax.