Factoring and Solving Quadratic Equations: The Easy way
What you'll learn
- How to factor quadratic trinomials when a = 1
- How to factor quadratic trinomials when a > 1
- How to factor the difference of perfect squares
- How to solve quadratic equations by factoring
- How to factor and solve quadratic trinomials using the quadratic formula
- How to check solutions to quadratic equations
- This is a course appropriate for all students who have completed pre-Algebra
- This course is intended for beginners, 9th grade and up
This course will show you how to factor and solve any quadratic equation the super easy (and fast) way. Included in my lessons are many helpful shortcuts and useful methods that make solving any quadratic equation simple and painless.
The lessons are divided into seven parts plus a section with practice problems and solutions:
1. How to factor quadratic trinomials with only positive factors
2. How to factor quadratic trinomials with negative factors
3. How to factor quadratic trinomials when a > 1
4. How to factor difference of perfect squares
5. How to solve quadratic equations by factoring
6. How to solve quadratic equations using the quadratic formula
7. How to check solutions to quadratic equations
8. Practice problems and solutions
Each lesson will include a video tutorial as well as guided examples so you can practice what you've learned at your own convenience.
The course is specifically designed for those of us who have had trouble with Algebra in the past or need a crash course in factoring and solving quadratic equations. The instructor understands the pain math can cause (she had a serious phobia of math growing up but overcame her fear to become a math teacher later in life) and has come up with many ways to break down complex topics into, easy to understand, bite sized pieces anyone can digest.
If you've ever thought to yourself "I'm not a math person" then this course is for you. By taking this course, you will be able to prove to yourself that you too, can be a math person and that you're more capable than you thought you were.
Who this course is for:
- Students who would benefit from shortcuts and simple, step-by-step explanations
- Anyone who wants to learn how to factor and solve quadratic equations in a short period of time
- Those of us who need a speedy crash course on factoring and solving quadratic equations
I am a math teacher with 13+ years of experience teaching high school level mathematics. One fun fact about me is that I had a serious case of math phobia growing up but overcame that fear to become a math teacher later in life. I draw from that experience to make my lessons simple and easy to understand for even the most novice of learners.