Process Mapping: Learn The Basics Of Mapping A Process
What you'll learn
- by the end of the course you will know how to map a process, and understand the resaons why, and the uses of process mapping
- understand process mapping conventions
- understand tools to use, either purpose driven, or using office suite
- understand why you would map a process
- understand how to use the process map for improving a process
- you don't need any special tools, or knowledge to use the skills you learn in this course
Process mapping is a tool that analysts use to describe how the work flows from step one through to the end. It includes the people and tools involved and is the basis for process improvement.
Sometimes you just need to show how the process works, and you don't have the time or money for in-depth analysis. This course will show you the basics of mapping a process so you can shine.
Who this course is for:
- business people who need to understand how things get done in your company
- anyone who is looking for an easy way to document their work
Perry Wilson lives in New Westminster, BC and writes under the pen name P.A. Wilson. She is a project management consultant and has more than 30 years of people and project management wisdom to share.
As an author, her love of fantasy and mystery led her to reactivate her lifelong drive to tell stories at the age of 50. Participating in National Novel Writing Month in 2008 woke the author in her resulted in the first Madeline Journey: Off Track.
Since then, she's advised and mentored budding authors on how to take the next step toward getting published.
As a member of both the Vancouver Writer's Social Group and The Federation of B.C. Writers, she has developed a method of uncovering the writing style of an author and helping them blossom.
As a Project Management Consultant, she has helped clients manage people through massive organizational change and delivered projects ranging from construction of new buildings to improving operational efficiency.