Learn how to create a WordPress theme using Pinegrow
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- Basic WordPress theme development knowledge
What is the course about?
The course is about WordPress theme development using Pinegrow WP a desktop app for Windows, Mac and Linux that lets you build responsive websites faster with live multi-page editing, CSS styling and smart components for Bootstrap, Foundation, AngularJS and build WordPress themes on a totally innovative way.
WordPress, theme, HTML, Bootstrap, development, design, PHP
What kind of materials are included?
How long the course take to complete?
About 2 hours to watch all the videos and 1 week to master all the techniques, depending on the initial knowledge.
Why take this course?
To experiment an innovative way of creating WordPress themes
How is the course structured?
In this course, you will learn :
- How to create a basic WordPress theme in less than 20 minutes
- How to create a basic WordPress theme structure
- How to create a standard WordPress theme structure including header and footer
- How to activate your theme in WordPress
- How to include site title, site description and links in your templates
- How to import HTML content from WordPress into your HTML template
- How to add navigation menus
- How to prepare your content to create a WordPress Loop
- How to create a WordPress Loop
- How to create and use sidebars and widgets
- How to create the most common WordPress templates files
- How to create the SEARCH template
- How to create the SINGLE template
- How to create a screenshot for your WordPress theme
- How to include links in your templates
- How to use the Master Page feature in Pinegrow
- How to make your theme ready for Jetpack plugin
- How to create WordPress Customizer ready components
- This course is meant for students who want to create WordPress themes
- Introduction : Create a theme in less than 20 minutes
- WordPress Theme Structure (part 1)
- WordPress Theme Structure (part 2)
- Site Title - Description - Link
- Import WordPress HTML into Pinegrow
- Navigation Menus
- Article - Post ID - The Title - The Content
- The Loop
- Sidebars and Widgets
- Create a new Common WordPress template file from the Index page
- How to create the SEARCH.PHP Template
- How to create the SINGLE.PHP Template
- Links - Permalink
- Apply Master Page
- Make your theme ready for Jetpack
- The WordPress Customizer
- Activate your WordPress Theme
- Create a Screenshot for your WordPress Theme
- The WordPress Customizer + Settings page (no audio comments /no closed captions)
As a Pinegrow WP evangelist, my mission is to help Pinegrow users to build better WordPress themes, faster !
Pinegrow WP is an extended edition of Pinegrow Web Editor, It has all the features of Pinegrow Web Editor + a totally innovative new way to design and create awesome WordPress themes by visually converting static HTML pages to WordPress themes.
Pinegrow "automagically" generates PHP code and splits your static HTML pages into common (and valid) WordPress template parts.