Learn Google Apps Script: From Level Zero
What you'll learn
- Learn how a software language works
- Good Practices of writing lines of codes
- Connect Google Spreadsheet with code and perform various operations on it
- Running loops on data in spreadsheet
- Using If Statements
- Commonly used function in Google Apps Script
- Creating Google Form
- Sending Email from Spreadsheet
- Setting up the script for auto trigger
- Basic knowledge of Google Spreadsheet as it will help you to understand better the output and results
- Not a must, but if you have some experience with coding with any programming language, it will help
- Hunger for knowledge
Since I am a full time Google Spreadsheet and Apps Script consultant, with clients all over the world, I know what are the things that are important and should be taught to students.
Google Apps Script is a powerful tool by Google that takes the productivity of a team, or process to next level. One can use this to
- Automate data calculation
- Fetching data from 3rd party software like Trello, Salesforce etc
- Sending data to 3rd party
- Connecting various sheets , Documents and other tools
- Setting a trigger for an action, based on an event. For Example, send an Email, when form is filled
The best part of writing codes in Google Apps script is that you do not need to worry about hosting the code on a server and maintaining it. Google takes care of everything. You write the lines of codes and it is up and running. Above all, it is free.
Here are some thoughts by students of this course:
- "This has been of the best course I've taken in Udemy. One can begin to apply the new knowledge to real world almos instantly. I cant wait to take another Shahbaz course. Thanks!!!"
- "I really enjoyed this class -- I think for a beginner or even someone who has a little experience but needs to see more examples of how to use the Google Apps documentation, this is a great course. The pace of the course was also nice for beginners. You will not be an expert after you finish this course but you will have a good understanding of the fundamentals and you will be more comfortable using the Google documentation on your own. This course sets the learner up perfectly for a follow-up intermediate level course and it would be great to see this instructor add an intermediate level course to this one with more real world projects. Thanks for sharing your knowledge -- nice job."
- "Detailed instructions at a good pace. The course was short and accomplishable within a certain time period ending with a real world application."
Who this course is for:
- If you want to start coding, this course can help you a lot, as I have started from very basic and described how a software works
- If yo want to pursue your career as automation expert, this course is very good starting point, as it will help you to achieve very complicated things in few steps.
- If you have a hobby of using google sheet for anything and everything, this course is for you, to take it to next level.
- If you use different tools by google like Google Sheet, Doc, Slide etc. and want to connect all of them to improve the efficiency, this course is definitely for you.
When I started my career as a Marketing Manager, the biggest problem I had was recording the events happening around me. Then I realized Google Spreadsheet need to be a part of my life. After that I have never looked back. At least more than 10 companies are using Sheets and Dashboards that I designed for them. Now I also design dashboards as a freelancer.