Learn Game Maker Studio 2: Introduction to Game Development
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to use Game Maker Studio 2.
- Create your first game in Game Maker Studio 2.
- Prepare to take higher level Game Maker Studio 2 courses and complete bigger projects.
- The Basics of Game Maker Language (GML) and how it functions.
- You must own a copy of Game Maker Studio 2. You will not be able to complete the course with a trial version. I will walkthrough how to purchase a copy in the course.
- You do not need to know anything about game design or have any prior knowledge. Everything needed (other than the program itself) will be provided to help you complete the course.
- PC, Mac, Linux with Internet Access.
- An Unzipping program (IE WinRAR, 7Zip, etc.)
What if I told you that learning how to build video games didn't have to take 4 years or more? Would you believe me? If you want to learn how to program and build games quickly, then this course is for you.
My name is Patrick Johnson, and I currently serve hundreds of students in more than 40 countries around the globe here on Udemy.
In this course, I will take you from a complete beginner to game design and turn you into a valuable asset to any studio that can help take ideas and turn them into basic concepts and selling points for fully developed games.
Here is what you are going to gain from enrolling in this course...
This course starts out by teaching you the fundamentals of Game Maker Studio 2 and basic scripting. After this you will receive my complete guide on how to quickly and efficiently program code into various objects and sprites. We will cover several different aspects of Game Maker Studio 2, and how to improve your own skill set to make you more valuable in a game design studio.
After completing this course, you will be able to...
1. Know the basics of Game Maker Studio 2 and how to use it on a daily basis
2. Know how to create Sprites and implement them into an IDE
3. Create objects and program them with various functions to achieve what you would like them to
4. Build rooms for games and input objects into a digital environment
5. Add audio and visual effects to your game to create an immersive experience for players
6. Turn projects into executables to share across the world
7. And much, much more!
*Please Note: This course does NOT teach Drag and Drop (DnD). This course teaches you Game Maker Language the whole way through.
When you are finished with this course, you will know how to build video games with Game Maker Studio 2. You will be an expert in the basic proponents of what it takes to create a game.
I want you to feel comfortable when purchasing, so feel free to play the finished game that we are making (available in the course Lecture 2 preview) that you can download and play for free at any time.
I also offer you a 30 day money back guarantee.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
It's time to take that leap into the world of game design and development. It's time to put off your fears and just go for it regardless of what could happen. You won't know if you don't try!
Go ahead and click Enroll in this course right now button and I will see you inside!
- Instructor -
- Beginners to Game Design and Development.
- Beginners to Game Maker Studio 2. If you have used previous versions of Game Maker Studio, but haven't made the jump to GMS2 yet, this course is for you.
- Experienced Game Designers and Developers who haven't used any kind of Game Maker Studio program.
- People who want to learn a simple way to create video games!